8 days out & I'm having a hard time

reddhedgrl
on 8/8/13 1:34 pm
So, I had my revision from the band to an RNY on July 31. I had a LOT of adhesions and recovery has been painful. My Dr switched my pain meds and I actually went to work for 4 hrs today. I'm having a problem getting in all my water... 1 protein shake if I'm lucky...I can do the calcium chews, but the multi vitamins I have are NASTY!! I'm still dealing with nausea & pain and my Dr says water 1st, then worry about vitamins & protein. Any ideas on Vitamins, protein etc?
Mrsdonjuan
on 8/8/13 2:03 pm - MS

Hello I have not had my surgery yet, but I can tell you that my NUT and my surgeon put me on the Bariatric Advantage vitamins; I dont know or can say what kind you should be taking but they have a web site www.bariatricadvantage.com and a # 1.800.898.6555. I take the (complete multi formula with 1000 IU Vitamin D3, complete B complex, essential trace minerals), (sugar-free iron chewy bite with vitamin C), and a calcium citrate chewy bite with vitamin D3, its a lot more stuff in those I just didnt feel like typing it all, but you can go to the web its all there. I hope this helps you.

reddhedgrl
on 8/8/13 3:34 pm
I ordered mine from their as well... Their chewable multi vitamin is yUcKy!! Lo
Barbara C.
on 8/8/13 3:42 pm, edited 8/8/13 3:54 pm - Raleigh, NC

It's really important to get in the fluids. More people end up in the hospital from dehydration than anything else. This is what I'd did and it may help you. Get the small 2 ounce medicine cups. You can get them from the pharmacy. At the top of each hour that you are awake take 2 ounces of your protein shake. At the quarter hour take 2 ounces of water, Crystal Light, etc..., At the half hour, take your vitamins or medications with 2 more ounces of water, Crystal Light, Etc... Keep doing that throughout the day every hour that you are awake until you transition to the next phase of your diet. If you do this, you will get in the fluids and protein you need.

alk with your doctor about the vitamins that they suggest. There are a number of vitamins available. To be honest, I use "normal" vitamins for all of mins. They are vitamins that I get at my local pharmacy. I take Centrum  (2x day), citrical petites with vitamin D (600mg 3x day) with magnesium (250mg 3x day), 1 b12 sublingual (1x day), vitamin d3 (5000iu 1x week from Vitalady).

im 6 years post op and just had my labs done again. All are good. 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

PetHairMagnet
on 8/8/13 9:36 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I use a mix of the Celebrate chewables (MANY flavors!) and the drink sticks that you add to water, like Crystal Light, which come in  flavors. I also add the citrus one to unsweetened tea.

LOVE the Celebrate vitamins! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics