Food Suggestions????

rebeccaberry
on 8/13/13 6:51 am - OH
I need some food suggestions. I am about 6 weeks post op and can't tolerate much of anything. Yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs and any meats make me deathly sick. I need something else besides SF popcicles to eat. Any and all suggestions PLEASE!!!
Dee.spunk
on 8/13/13 7:09 am - Sacramento, CA
When you say you can't tolerate things, does that mean you get sick, throw up? If so, I'd go see my doctor. Maybe you have a structure. At six weeks I was eating all you mentioned plus beans, Tuna, tofu, shrimp, cheese, chili, ground beef... Well, you get the idea. Chicken and eggs where the only two things I had to be careful with. Someways they'd sit fine, others, I felt like I swallowed rocks!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

rebeccaberry
on 8/13/13 9:14 am - OH
Yes, I throw up a lot. Almost after everything I eat. I had a stricture and a ulcer.
angeleigh
on 8/13/13 7:43 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I did a lot of chili, either made at home or from Wendy's

Refried beans with cheese and even some ground beef. Like a taco with out the shell.

Ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce and ground beef. 

Hard boiled eggs I can do, but cant do them cooked any other way most days.

Tuan fish, shrimp, Loved the weigh****chers smart ones meal of Turkey with gravy and potatoes(i didnt normally eat the potatoes but the turkey is good and moist) 

Taco soup http://pinterest.com/pin/70791025365134812/

Sweet and sour chicken, We make this about once a week. The chicken comes out so tender. I use half of the sugar it calls for. http://pinterest.com/pin/70791025365434039/

Meat loaf, which is what I am making tonight. http://pinterest.com/pin/70791025365259092/

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

BelieveInFaith
on 8/13/13 8:25 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

Yuuuuummy!  Thanks for some of the food ideas!  I'm still on my liquid stage but I'm saving these for when I can try them!  That Sweet and sour chicken looks delicious.  mail

Never accept NO for an answer.

shedevilbecca
on 8/13/13 2:42 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Can you post how to make the Taco soup? When I click on the link it tells me there is an error. It looks SOOOOOO yummy in the pictures!! Thank you in advance.

angeleigh
on 8/13/13 9:32 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Taco Soup

• timer
  • Prep Time: 15 mins
  • Total Time: 1 hrs 15 mins
  • Servings: 12

Ingredients

• 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground beef
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
    • 1 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans
    • 1 (16 ounce) cans chili beans ( hot or regular)
    • 1 (16 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
    • 1 (8 ounce) cans diced Mexican-style tomatoes
    • 1 (8 ounce) cans diced tomatoes ( any flavor)

Directions

1. Brown meat and onions and drain.
  2. Mix  taco seasoning into meat.
  3. Without draining, add all of the other ingredients.
  4. Simmer 1 hour.

poet_kelly
on 8/13/13 8:01 am - OH

What does your surgeon say? At six weeks out, you should be able to eat many things besides sugar free popsicles.  How are you getting your protein in?

At six weeks out, I was eating chili, eggs, cheese,  omelets, veggie burgers, beans, cooked veggies, and soft fruits.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rebeccaberry
on 8/13/13 9:04 am - OH
Thats the problem, I am not getting in any protien. I have a stricture that I just got enlarged last week and have to go again on the 21st. Plus I have an ulcer.
angeleigh
on 8/13/13 9:21 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

What about protein shakes? Premade ones? unjury chicken soup? Isopure drinks? There are many things you can drink to get protein in. Its very important to get protein in. Dont worry so much about what you can eat.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 186 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 112 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 186 views