Calling doc in the morning but I have pain!

Michelle G.
on 8/8/13 10:05 am - OH
RNY on 10/17/12

So I have noticed for the last week or so that almost every time I eat I get a horrible pain in the kidney area of my back and my stomach feels horrible. It is only after I eat and usually lasts about an hour. I know some of this may be because I do not eat like I should. I stick to the guidelines my doctor gave me on what kinds of foods I can have and not have but I'll be honest there are a lot of days that I only eat twice a day and only about half a cup each time. I am almost 10 months out and I have had no complications at all. Any ideas about what could be causing this pain????

Michelle

HW : 350       GW: 150          CW: 190

JaneJetson60
on 8/8/13 10:21 am
RNY on 05/07/12

It sounds like a gallbladder attack, providing you still have it.  I am not diagnosing you and so glad you are calling your doctor.  call them as soon as you can in the morning  Let us know.  Take care of yourself.  Nothing worse than being in pain.  Jane

quiltpainter
on 8/8/13 11:14 pm - CT

My first thoughts were gall bladder too. I hope you are doing better by now and are able to get answers quickly. I had my surgery the day after yours. I had my gall bladder out a couple of years before my surgery but it is very painful during an attack. The only problem I had since WLS was after eating a salad that had cayenne pepper in it.  I was in pain for days and couldn't eat without pain. My doctor put me on carafate. Luckily I have been fine ever since then. Let us know how you are doing.

Michelle G.
on 8/9/13 5:16 am - OH
RNY on 10/17/12

I have an appointment with the doctor on Monday with instructions to go to the ER if it gets to bad. She's not sure exactly because she said gall bladder attacks usually have pain in the sternum area of the chest. She is thinking maybe even a kidney stone or dehydration. I appreciate the comments!

Michelle

Michelle G.
on 8/21/13 4:00 am - OH
RNY on 10/17/12

Quick update: I go to the surgeon tomorrow and see if I am having a gall bladder attack or if I have an internal hernia. W+Either way I have been told to be prepared for the possibility of surgery tomorrow afternoon. Yikes! Thanks for the input. It was really appreciated.

Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics