pre op wieght loss

marissa1987
on 8/9/13 4:55 am

How did you lose your pre op weight. I need to lose 15lbs.

chulbert
on 8/9/13 5:02 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I followed my nutritionist's meal plan to the letter.

poet_kelly
on 8/9/13 5:03 am - OH

I didn't lose any weight pre op.  My surgeon did not ask me to.

If I had to lose weight pre op, though, I would have talked with my registered dietician and followed her recommendations.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Delia C.
on 8/9/13 5:11 am - CA

i am on a liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery. I am a week and a half into my liquid diet and i have lost 8 lbs.  I have 3 protein shakes a day and i have chicken broth in between as needed for hunger. also i drink plenty water. I add lemon to my water. Discipline yourself. You can do it!

marissa1987
on 8/9/13 5:19 am

I think im going to have to be tuff on myself I dont see the Nut till next month.

PetHairMagnet
on 8/9/13 5:20 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I was not required to lose any, but did lose a good bit and it was following the advice of my nutritionist and not making adjustments on my own...but asking if I had questions and then following her advice.

I also started being MUCH more active and practicing good post-surgery habits, like water at meals...that became a no no and took some getting used to, but 2 months before my surgery, it was already a solid habit.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

r0bynn
on 8/9/13 5:30 am - AR
RNY on 08/05/13
I followed my Drs diet for pre op and excercised.
mrs_walsh17
on 8/9/13 6:29 am - Albuquerque, NM

I was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks before surgery.  I had 3 protein shakes (mixed with water), sf popsicles, sf jello and drank 64 ounces of water a day.  I lost 22 lbs!

Liz - HW 253     SW 231     GW 140     Surgery date April 22, 2013

karin602
on 8/9/13 7:01 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I managed to lose 60 pounds preop.  Not easy at first.  No drinking with meals, absolutely no soda - diet included, drank lots of water in between meals.  No sweets at all, no snacking.  Followed all of my NUT's advice through the 6 months I saw her.  Preop actually took about a year to get through so it was not a fast weight loss but steady.  And set up some good habits for post op.  Good luck, you can do it!

Karin

Laccygurl
on 8/10/13 2:53 am - Paso Robles, CA
I had to lose 27 pounds befor I could have surgury. I cut out all soda, went to low sugar and low carbs, and smaller porshons. And walk. Lost it. Had my surgury on May 13, day after mothers day. My surgury was my mothers day gift to my self. Im down a total of 88 pounds. 61 pounds sence surgury. Good luck on your journey.

Laurie