12 days post op

Karen Wood
on 8/11/13 10:16 pm - IN

Ok I need some advise I am not losing any weight I am walking a mile or at least 20-30 minutes of walking. Do I need to do more? I am not seeing weight loss before surgery 240 surgery day 231 right now at 226 

poet_kelly
on 8/11/13 10:27 pm - OH

So you've lost five pounds since surgery?  Then you are losing weight.  Sounds like you just aren't losing as much or as fast as you would like.

People often gain weight while in the hospital due to all the IV fluids.  It can take time to lose that and then begin losing actual weight.  You need to be patient.  The weight is going to come off.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 8/11/13 10:37 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On August 12, 2013 at 5:16 AM Pacific Time, Karen Wood wrote:

Ok I need some advise I am not losing any weight I am walking a mile or at least 20-30 minutes of walking. Do I need to do more? I am not seeing weight loss before surgery 240 surgery day 231 right now at 226 

Are you not able to do 2 miles in 30 minutes? I am not sure if I understand about a mile or 20-30 minutes.

And you are losing--12 days to be down plus having already gotten all the fluid weight gone is pretty awesome, and keep in mind your rate of loss is going to be slower because you started out pretty light. I had to lose almost 100 lbs to get to the weight you are.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Ingrid K.
on 8/11/13 11:42 pm - Canada
I started at 236 and my surgery was June 17. I have learned that the weight will come off slowly for me. I will drop a pound and then stay that way for a few days. Just keep to your plan and it will come off. We are considered lightweights and there is a forum on this site for that. Don't worry the weight will come off. I am at 193 and would love to see a large drop but I weigh myself every day and that is not how my body works. Hang in there
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 370 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 209 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 100 views
Recent Topics