Nervous....

Cbaker1163
on 8/22/13 10:30 am
Revision on 07/12/13

At my 1st follow up visit with the DR--I was down 39lbs from surgery. Monday I go back---it's been 4 weeks, I don't think I've lost anymore weight! I've not weighed at home (purposely), and everyone keeps telling me they can tell I've lost and want to know how much. Maybe I'm just paranoid----I know my DR will expect a big loss, but I know I've read lots on the boards about the "3 week stall", so I'm concerned. Tomorrow I will be 6 weeks out, I'm trying to get my protein in, I have issue with fluids, I know I don't get as much in as I need to. My ankles swell during the day (I have a desk job) and I noticed that seems to be worse lately. Any advice for that?

poet_kelly
on 8/22/13 10:32 am - OH

I expect your doctor is familiar with stalls, don't you think?  How do you know he is expecting a big loss?

Making sure you get enough fluids will probably help the swollen ankles.  Fluid pushes fluid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cbaker1163
on 8/22/13 11:18 am
Revision on 07/12/13

He told me!! He said "Next time I see you, I expect you to have lost another 30lbs" I was like, jeez, no pressure! And now I'm looking down at my swollen ankles---I gotta get this fluid off for sure! I'm gonna drink as much water as I can tomorrow. 

poet_kelly
on 8/22/13 11:19 am - OH

Good grief.  Don't worry about his expectations.  Sounds like he may not be very realistic.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherrie P.
on 8/22/13 10:50 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Don't worry about your doctor. As long as you are following your plan you will be fine. No one is going to fuss at you at 6 weeks out!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 236 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 299 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??