Protein shakes???

rebeccaberry
on 8/26/13 1:12 pm - OH
Help please any suggestions. I have tried a couple samples the surgeons office gave me and a few powders. YUCK!!! The only shake I found I can tolerate is premier protein. However, since my surgery I can seem to get it down. Kind of sweet and thick. I could use some suggestions from you all so that I can start getting my protein in.
tdbull
on 8/26/13 2:08 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I like the IsoPure powder in creamy vanilla. I ordered the unflavored too but haven't received it yet. I also like the IsoPure liquids in Apple Melon, Grape and Alpine Punch. They al start getting to me after awhile tho. Too much of anything gets old.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

jamienichols22
on 8/26/13 2:17 pm - MI

This site offers samples for 1.95 and have tons of different ones maybe this will help find a couple you like! 

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-powders/protein -powder-samples-1-serving.html

CPA_Loser
on 8/26/13 4:25 pm - WA
This question has been asked so many times - it may be better to just search the forums. You will see that a lot of people like the syntrax nectar powders but then some people don't. It is def individual taste preference...

Maggie May
on 8/26/13 4:48 pm
RNY on 08/21/13

Premiere is too thick for new post-op. I got the syntrax nectar cappucino yesterday and hate it. I have only found one I like post-op and that's the wal-mart body fortress brand chocolate with peanut butter flavor with skim milk, blended with ice. That has been the smoothest thing for me to get down that also tastes really good. The isopure protein drinks in the multi flavors, those are just awful to me. just awful. 

Maggie May 

A_new_beginning
on 8/26/13 6:12 pm - MD
RNY on 08/29/13

My surgery is scheduled for this Thursday, but I can tell you that I've been using Unjury.  I love it!  I also really Chike and they will send *free* samples if you write to them and request them.

Surgery date: August 29th, 2013

HW: 247 lbs. Height: 5' 2"

LW: 123 lbs!

lmc614
on 8/26/13 9:11 pm

The ONLY protein shakes I have found that I like are Nectar Chocolate Truffle and Double stuffed cookie.  I make them then put them in the freezer for and hour or so.  Found they are a lot better if they are really cold.  Other than that I hate protein shakes.  I found a product recommended by a friends surgeon called Protidiet.  It is packets of liquid you put in water.  Each packet is 15 grams of protein.  It tastes kind of mediciny but I put an orange packet then put orange kool aid liquid in it and it is pretty good.  I think you can order them on Amazon.  I am 6 wks out so I do one shake, one Protidiet and one protein bar and eat protein for my meals and I'm good.

Melpear
on 8/27/13 1:20 am - Lawton, OK

I use the maxtrix by syntrax and they are reallyl good and made for bariatric patience :)) and I order them from suppliment warehouse .com its wayyy cheaper I get a 5. lb bag for 38$ where my dr office wantes 55$

Turtle Lynn
on 8/27/13 2:20 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I cannot do whey protein in any way, shape or form and that is what the majority of the drinks are made from. . .I use GNC brand ready to drink Lean Shakes, chocolate and vanilla, I didn't like the strawberry.  If you go into a store, they will let you sample them right there so you don't waste your money on them if you don't like them. 

I also just went to Vitamin Shoppe this weekend and bought some individual packets of J. Robb egg protein powder to try. Vitamin Shoppe said anything I buy if I don't like it, even if is opened and I used some I can take back for a store credit as long as I keep the receipt.  I thought that was a good deal because I am super picky and hate to waste my money buying protein shakes/powder I can't use.  I have spent literally hundreds of dollars doing that :(

You may also want to try a soy-based protein drink.  

Hope this helps you! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

rebeccaberry
on 8/27/13 3:31 am - OH
Thanks I will try that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 497 views