Revision

nbw
on 8/26/13 4:50 am

Anyone out there had gastric bypass revision? I had one 17 days ago. My original pouch had a very large ulcer. I had lost all my weight and was maintaining. This time around it is all different. I seem to be hungry all the time. I want foods I can't have. Seems like I can eat more than the first time. I can eat 4 ounces of frozen greek yogurt or pudding. Don't understand since the doctor said my new pouch was very small. Does things like pudding and yogurt differ from soild foods?

Nancy
poet_kelly
on 8/26/13 4:58 am - OH

No, pudding and yogurt are slider foods.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

happygrandma
on 8/26/13 7:23 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

What type of surgery did you have before?  I had a revision from lap band and this is very different.  Yogurt and pudding will slide through like liquids but a little slower.  Think of it going through a funnel, liquids fast, thicker, slower.  And if you drink with eating it will push everything through quickly.  Four ounces of yogurt isn't too much, I could do that right away too.  Four ounces of chicken will be another story.

nbw
on 8/26/13 8:29 am

I had gastric bypass 2 years ago. When he found the ulcer, it had consumed most of my pouch. He had to fix a hiatal hernia, and remove most of my pouch and reconnect everything. I thought I would have lost some more weight, I have only lost 6 in the 17 days. I started out two years ago at 208 and today am 110. Not complaining would just like to go down to 100. Things are so different this time around. All I think about is what can I eat.

Nancy
JenniPenny
on 8/26/13 9:07 am - MN

Just curious why you're eating 4 ounces of food if your surgery was just 17 days ago? Aren't you on tablespoons for meals at this point? I was. I know we don't feel full or hungry or over full since our nerves were cut during surgery but does your doc recommend that much food at this point? I assume you got a new pouch and the size is about the same as the original? A lot of docs are different but I thought all had the same liquids/pureed food thing at first and in very limited quantities. Check with your doc if you're concerned with how much you're putting in your pouch. I'm 11 yrs out and I struggle with more than 4 or 5 ounces of food per meal. (granted I do solid food now but couldn't do 2 or 3 when I was less than a month out of surgery.)

Jen 11+ yrs post op RNY

cajungirl
on 8/26/13 9:37 am

Yes there is a difference between soft foods and dense protein in how much you can eat. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Kjmollyo
on 8/26/13 12:40 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

I am having a revision on 4-Sep for an ischemic ulcer on the intestinal side of the anastomosis....I hope I wont be hungry after...I havent been hungry since I had my rny.  I hope you feel well soon.  kj

Current Weight 118 lbs

nbw
on 8/27/13 6:00 am

I will be praying for you. Get your stuff together. You have to start the diet plan all over. Broth and jello for a week, then on to cream stuff and so on.

Nancy
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 203 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 18 views