Weight Fluctuation during Period or Before

AnnieD9999
on 8/27/13 4:37 am - Columbus, OH

Has anyone experienced this? For the past week my weight has been up and down up and down, and I just startd my period today. A few days ago I was 177, then I was 181, today I was 178.4 ...what gives. I have been really bad about working out lately and I thought that was it, but im thinking it might hasve something to do with that time of the month. Any thoughts?

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/27/13 4:46 am, edited 8/27/13 4:57 am

water, salt, just because.. ..

I am in maintenance phase... I have been exercising and following a very strict diet. Yesterday morning my scale show 164.5. Today - 168.   why ? who knows.. Yes I had a normal BM this morning.,... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jules0225
on 8/27/13 4:54 am

Yeah I noticed I puff up before, drop a bunch during and then go up a pound or two after. I just assume it's water retention. It's annoying! haha

Height: 5'8", HW: 6/4/12 440lbs, SW: 11/19/12 389lbs, CW: 219lbs 01/01/2014

PetHairMagnet
on 8/27/13 5:14 am
RNY on 05/13/13
My period is a 5 lb gain and then a WHOOSH if loss when it passes.

Salt and, oddly enough, not drinking enough can impact you.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Day_dream_believer
on 8/27/13 5:40 am

The week before my period I lose weight.  The day before I will gain up to 5 pounds.  The following week it will slowly go back to normal weight.

Dee.spunk
on 8/27/13 6:27 am - Sacramento, CA
I usually go up right before my period, usually about 5 lbs, but up to ten pounds sometimes! Then two days after I start, GONE. Back down to 138-140.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Melpear
on 8/27/13 6:45 am - Lawton, OK

OK so normally your body fluctuates between 3-5 lbs daily. ALso what you have been eating ( salts,carbs) will add to that fluctuation also I gain a few around my period always and it goes away you bloat thats normal as well as the few days before. Keep up on your routine and your gonna be fine :))

Kellysnewlife
on 8/27/13 8:37 am - LA
RNY on 08/15/12

I was just  thinking about this today. Before the weight loss I never really noticed the bloat. Today I saw a definite difference in the way my clothes fit from period bloat.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/27/13 3:35 pm - OH

I haven't had a period in years because of a hysterectomy, but I had one occasion where I could tell from my fingers and feet that I was retaining some water and I had a six pound fluctuation in two days.  Many things can cause water retention... Hormones, sodium intake, hot weather,  Your weight can also fluctuate by a couple of pounds if you are constipated.  Unless you are WAY overeating, you clearly aren't gaining fat, so don't waste energy worrying about it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/13 3:22 am
Since my surgery I am having a period every 2 1/2 weeeks (that in itself is SUPER frustrating) and it messes with my scale drastically. How do you handle the cravings? This week has been horrible I have allowed myself a few peanut m&ms I figured if I was craving the chocolate so bad the least I could do was pick something that had protein too. I sent in an order to get protein bars so hopefully those will help with tbe next period. Will be awesome when they go back to once a month and not two!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 307 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 307 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 347 views