I'm not very happy, need to vent.

Louy
on 8/30/13 10:22 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

Having a moment. 

My dads in ICU, my mums gone up to be with him and I stupidly text my x.  I went out and my friend didnt even say hello, then I text my x just hoping for a coffee or a chat.  I miss him and its been 12 months, you would think he could be a bit nice but no.  Feeling very alown at the moment.  My support group isn't here &I'm tired all the time.      I'm so bored. Can't do horses, can't go out for a pot at the local pub.  Worried about dad, don't seem to have any friends.  Why is life so disappointing. And what if it dosnt get any better? What if I loose weight and nothing changes. What is wrong with me?    On the positive side, I haven't gone to food for comfort. 

Caroline K.
on 8/30/13 10:35 pm

Congratulations on not turning to food. Is there something you can distract yourself with, rather than someone? I hear you on that, I have lots of acquaintances, but few close friends, so it's rough when they're not around. I hope things get better for you soon.

gek9742000
on 8/30/13 10:48 pm
RNY on 10/29/12

I am in the same boat.  I moved out of the ex's home July 4th.  He already has a new girlfriend and I am picking up the pieces with our two kids.  It is a nightmare.  I have been crying a lot and trying to fill up my evenings with any kind of distraction I can find.  Parks, pools, lakes, walking, dates, it is a struggle. 

My reaction to the stress is the opposite at the moment and I am having to force food down my throat.  However since this whole separation thing has been going on for months I did spend the month of May eating lots of Chips and Doritos.  So I go back and forth on not being able to eat and eating too much and eating the wrong things.  Every day is a battle right now.  And  every day I am still here is a success. 

I am so sorry your dad is in ICU and I hope he makes a full recovery.  May I suggest you go no contact with your ex.  Because no contact means no new hurts.  If you don't call him then he cannot make you feel rejected.  And that is how we take their lack of sympathy. 

Life is a series of ups and downs and as the mantra goes "this too shall pass."  If you are really feeling down then you can always talk to a counselor.

250 day of surgery 
150 current weight
135 goal weight

Louy
on 8/31/13 12:02 am
RNY on 08/12/13

Thanks  guys.  Your right, no contact it is.  I'm going to get fit, get thin, get strong, lern how to punch and go beat him up. Lol. I need to fill my nights with something but I'm not sure what.  I'm a fair way from town so night classes or dancing are to hard to get to. My local pub became my second home before surgery ( not that I drink) was just a social thing but now I need something else. 

great.lakes.girl.
on 8/31/13 1:56 am
I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your dad, and your breakup. However I am glad you haven't turned to food for comfort. I can't say that losing weight will change anything for you other than make you healthy witch is a wonderful gift.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers hang in there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views