Can I go back to my horses yet? 3 weeks post op.

Louy
on 8/31/13 9:50 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

3 weeks post op, I am so bored that I'm starting to go crazy.  

What is the limit to what I can do 3 weeks post op.  1.        I want to clean my stables out, they need digging out as they have flooded then re filling with saw dust.    2.    I want to move the horses around into different paddocks and bring 3 into stables.    3.  Clean the Crap out of the indoor arena.  (Hay bails, a boat, junk)   4.   Ride.    How long do I need to wait b4 I can do this. I feel ok, just tired.  A little worried the horses could pull on me and upset my stomach or I could fall off and I will have to clean the stables out slowly but can I start?  

poet_kelly
on 8/31/13 9:53 pm - OH

I would ask your surgeon.  He didn't tell you what you could do activity wise?  I wasn't supposed to lift more than ten pounds until I was six weeks out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Louy
on 8/31/13 10:07 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

He said I couldn't lift over 1kg but my shopping weighs more than that, lol.  He said walk and walk but how boring.  Il give him a call tomorrow.  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/31/13 11:21 pm - OH

Most surgeons seem to restrict anything that seriously stresses your abdominal muscles for 4 weeks.  I would think digging and moving hay bales would be out of the question at oly three weeks, but definitely call and ask. (I'm not sure how a horse pulling you would upset your stomach, though.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

doloresd
on 9/1/13 1:40 am - FL
I have horses, I gave it four weeks and was extremely careful not to put myself in a situation to be pulled or bumped into for another couple weeks. Common sense will get you thru. I was picking stalls after a week. Didn't throw a hay bale for six weeks.
PetHairMagnet
on 9/1/13 11:52 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Have been trying to figure out how to post this and not come off rude--but what are you riding that can hold your weight at this point and not be seriously stressing that horse? My parents had a STRICT 250 lb limit for anyone to be on our horses and 115 lb limit for the Welsh ponies kept for younger children to ride. I think our Shetland had a 60 lb limit. If I am doing the math correctly are you not exceeding the weight limit on anything but a draft horse? 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 326 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 305 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 259 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 330 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 153 views
Recent Topics