i dump on everything. grrrrrr

Louy
on 9/3/13 1:43 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

i phoned my doctor and asked why i felt so sick everytime i had anything to eat or drink.   He said it sounds like iv got early dumping.  I have got to the point im almost to scared to eat or drink anything bu****er.  this morning i had about 50mm of optifast and bang, felt like crap.  i drank is so slow, not sure what to do at this point.  The doctor just said eat slower.  But i am eatting slow, staying away from anything with fat or sugar in it. 

what do you guys think i should try to eat, im on the sloppy 3 weeks stage of my diet?

tdbull
on 9/3/13 2:39 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I just finished 3 weeks and ate greek yogurt, cottage cheese, refried beans, in addition to my protein shakes. Just take tiny bites and chew to watery mush. Hoping you feel better soon.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

nfarris79
on 9/3/13 8:06 pm - Germantown, MD

um, not sure why dr agreed on dumping if you're avoiding fat & sugar (the main culprits). Be aware sugar alcohols can also cause dumping. So apart from actual dumping, eating slow is very advisable. Soft, low-fat foods that I'd recommend are gently scrambled eggs, canned chicken (or dark meat chicken) in cream of chicken soup (low-fat version), laughing cow cheese wedges, ground turkey, and low-carb protein shakes (depends on your taste but I like Premier Nutrition RTDs in chocolate and Syntrax Nectar line. Unjury chicken soup was my go-to early out!). Even though you're scared, please get your protein shakes & liquids in!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Louy
on 9/3/13 9:03 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

Thank you. It's odd, today I had real cows milk, straight from the cow.  I didn't dump on that. Real full cream milk, yet light milk I feel sick. Maybe I need to slow down more.  I had tuna for dinner,.... Sick. Grrrr. It was only a little tuna in spring water.  The dog gets most of my meals now. Lol. 

PetHairMagnet
on 9/4/13 12:23 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Tuna may not agree with you, but you are NOT dumping on it. I am a believer in real cows milk, not homogenized or heat pasteurization. It dies not surprise me you tolerate it well.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

saterry
on 9/3/13 9:56 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

You are NOT dumping on tuna. Not all foods agree with everyone devil Try a new food alone and document your reaction, If it makes you feel sick, wait a week to try it again.

Keep your food journals up to date and show your NUT to help plan future meals

Dumping syndrome is more than just making you feel sick. It is a group of symptoms, racing heart, sweating, nausea, cramping diarrhea and feeling of death no  This is related to  ingestion of high sugar, carbs and fats......NOT protein.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

poet_kelly
on 9/3/13 10:33 pm - OH

Eating too fast might make you feel sick but it does not cause dumping.  Your doctor sounds confused to me.  Dumping is caused by things high in carbs, especially sugar.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DeidreB
on 9/4/13 1:36 am

i would go back to liquids, stick w the real cows milk for a couple of days so you get some nutrition/protein in your body and begin to relax about eating/drinking.  Then add full fat/from the cow yogurt w splenda and vanilla then other 'liquids' as tolerated.  And stick w full fat until your weight loss slows down, then you can reduce fat as necessary.

I use baby spoons and keep a 1 minute timer at the table so I have to chew for 1 minute and then wait another minute before taking the next bite.

Eating too fast, too much and not chewing enough make me feel like crap/pain/feel like throwing up.

If you are vomitting everything could be a stricture or ulcer.

Jilly Bean
on 9/4/13 3:04 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Are you on anti-nausea meds?  Those helped me tremendously.  Without them I was sick constantly.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

rebeccaberry
on 9/4/13 1:10 pm - OH
How far out are you? I was having a horrible time at 4 weeks post op. couldn't eat anything. Everything made me sick. I had developed a stricture and an ulcer. I have had 2 more EDG (scopes) to enlarge opening. I am finally able to eat somethings. Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 314 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views