Surgiversary

Jan W.
on 9/4/13 11:23 pm, edited 9/4/13 11:27 pm
RNY on 09/04/12

So yesterday was my one year surgiversary. Tuesday was my birthday. My mom sent birthday money and I went on a shopping spree! (Yes I decided my weight loss has slowed enough that I could buy some NEW stuff finally!) It was so much fun! I even looked a little bit in the Juniors section just because I never got to shop there before (and found a really cute pair of pajamas). I got everything off of clearance racks so I could get more things. The biggest kicker was that I was looking exclusively for size 14 items, so when I tried on a broomstick style skirt, and found it to be too big, I was in shock! I ended up getting a Medium (8-10) in that skirt. Okay, okay, I realize it has to be cut big when everything else I got was either Large or size 14... but still...

I have lost 128 lbs altogether, and am 3 lbs away from my original personal goal. I am still losing very slowly, so I am changing that goal a little too. My lab work is perfect. Which is interesting to me because I have not been using other supplements except the multivitamins. But I make absolutely sure to eat foods that contain a wide variety of nutrients - such as yogurt for both the protein and the calcium.

At home I have made a lot of personal changes too. I finally actually left my husband, which I have been considering for a couple of years. I have made some new friends who are more supportive and who will help me grow instead of trying to stifle me. I have found a job opportunity that is perfect for me. My son has finally gotten a job and is showing signs of maturity, and my daughter chose a school where her friends do not go because they have a better academic program. I couldn't be in a better place right now if I tried! Taking the step to have surgery and make changes to my bad habits has affected me positively in so many ways! I found out my bad food habits, but I also had to look hard at my other bad habits and I realized that I needed to make a lot of changes in my life.

One year out, and things are looking wonderful!

ETA I can't get my ticker to adjust. It really should say "3 pounds to goal"!

Charshie55
on 9/5/13 12:29 am

Happy Surgiversary!!  Congrats on all the positive changes you've made in one short year.  Isn't it amazing how our whole outlook on life changes when we are healthier (and smaller)?  Keep up the good work and keep focusing on the positive. 

Caroline K.
on 9/5/13 1:35 am

Congratulations!

Jewelsstevens
on 9/5/13 1:53 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Congrats! Your tickers says 3 pounds to go on my end :)

Karen R.
on 9/5/13 2:35 am
RNY on 04/14/13

Congratulations!  You sound like you've got it all going on!!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Dar_Mab
on 9/5/13 2:50 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Impressive!  And congratulations on the weight loss, big changes and new lease in life!      Way to go!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

AlohaJen
on 9/5/13 3:10 am
RNY on 09/05/12

Congrats to you !  My 1 yr Surgiversary is today!!  My life could not be better.  I am down a total of 97 lbs and have slowed down alot too.... cant wait to see what our futures hold!!

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Jan W.
on 9/5/13 3:59 am
RNY on 09/04/12

Thanks to all!

My ticker still shows 21 on my screen. I guess it's just being silly or something. Lol.

Congratulations to you too, AlohaJen!

LisaBhopeful
on 9/5/13 5:05 am
Congratulations, so happy for you😊

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?