Zofran? Drowsy?

averybyrd
on 9/6/13 12:27 am

Does Zofran make you drowsy? I'm thinking of taking one today since I've been feeling pukey most of the week, but I don't want to sleep at work!

poet_kelly
on 9/6/13 12:29 am - OH

It can, yes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

65rosesmom
on 9/6/13 1:51 am

oh yes!!  Very for me!!

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

averybyrd
on 9/6/13 3:46 am

Another Zofran question: I went ahead and took it, figuring I'd just suffer through if I was tired, BUT I nearly puked before I'd even swallowed it. It's one that dissolves in your mouth and it must have a lot of aspartame or something in it, because I instantly felt awful (and still kind of do). So, can you crush a regular Zofran? If it's not crushable, I know my doctor won't give it to me, since he won't let me swallow anything EVER again (even though I do swallow some of my pills... shh!)

Thanks!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/6/13 5:03 am - OH

Almost all nausea meds have drowsiness as a side effect.

I don;t know about crushing the regular ones, but Zofran is also available as a suppository .

Have you asked your surgeon WHY he says no pills ever again?  What medical research or literature he bases it on? 

Does your PCP agree with this?  (You could have a hard time down the road if the best medication for you is only available as a pill and your PCP won't let you have pills...) 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

averybyrd
on 9/8/13 12:06 pm

My PCP generally defers to my surgeon at the moment. I have an appointment on Tuesday, so I'll be able to ask some more questions about pills. I don't really know why I can't swallow pills, since it seems like a lot of people can. But my surgeon seems to be more cautious than most, so it's probably just par for the course. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 373 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 336 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 149 views
Recent Topics