Question 6 weeks post op

Karen Wood
on 9/7/13 11:58 am - IN

Ok I can't exercise for anotherer 3 weeks my question is will I still lose weight if I don't exercise? 

Kelly M.
on 9/7/13 12:04 pm - TX

I suppose everyone is different, but I will let you know I have lost 126 pounds and will be a year in October and I have not exercised at all because of very bad knees.

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

Karen Wood
on 9/7/13 12:10 pm - IN

Thanks 

leisac
on 9/7/13 12:49 pm - Australia
RNY on 07/10/13

When you stay exercise do you mean hit the gym or all sorts of exercise? I went for a 4km (about 2.5 mile) walk about 5 days post-op. Admittedly it was slow but also had some hills. 9 weeks seems a long time if it is all exercise but may be fine if it simply means lifting weights/extremely strenuous exercise. Just my take on it.

Leisa

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/7/13 12:57 pm - OH

Yes.  Because of the size of the pouch and the caloric malabsorption, for about 6 months you would lose weight even of you sat on your butt in front of television 24-7.  You will lose MORE weight if you get some type of regular activity, though, and you will want to take advantage of the period of caloric malabsorption.  Even if you cannot "exercise", you are probably cleared to walk, correct??

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

dessalves
on 9/7/13 1:25 pm

You will for sure!!! I am almost 2 months out and my doctor said I could walk only this past Friday. And he said I will only be cleared to exercise when I am 90 days out. So far I lost 44 lbs so I think it is working lol but my diet is really restrict I am still in the soft solids, actually I only have solid food for lunch/dinner the other meals are all pureed. But I am sure you will be losing just don't let the anxiety take over

tdbull
on 9/7/13 1:37 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I'm only coming up on 4 weeks out. I walk several times a day but for short periods. I think my weight loss is good.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

bluesfan
on 9/7/13 9:33 pm - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

Karen don't worry you will lose weight, you can't help it.  I have been limited to the amount of exercise I can get due to a foot injury.  I participate in a water aerobics class and swim a few laps.  I wish I could exercise more which I think would result in a greater weight loss, but overall I'm happy with my results.  In 3 weeks you'll be able to exercise and that will bring a great deal of satisfaction and well being.  Good luck and God Bless !!!

Katie K.
on 9/7/13 9:35 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Wow. I was cleared for all exercise with lighter weights at three weeks. Maybe because I heal well?

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 225 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics