help!!

inocencess3345
on 9/11/13 11:48 am - philadephia, PA
4yrs after my surgery, and I have gained about 25 pds, what do I do?, im going crazy just by thinking about it!!
LuckiGins
on 9/11/13 12:36 pm
RNY on 07/09/13

It is normal to gain some weight over the course of time.  If you are that concerned, maybe go in for a check up with your surgeon.  

Ladytazz
on 9/11/13 12:49 pm

Has anything changed like a new medication or have you been finding yourself eating more or different foods or drinking with your meals?  What does a typical day of eating look like for you?

It's hard to know why you have gained with the information you have shared.  Have you let refined carbs sneak in, like bread and crackers or things with sugar.  If nothing has changed and the gain came out of nowhere then it may be that your malabsorption is pretty much gone but that usually happens more in the 2nd or third year.  

If you feel that you are hungrier then before then your stoma may have stretched so that food leaves your stomach sooner, leaving you hungry.  If it is because of behavior changes you can always recommit yourself to proper eating or see your surgeon about a nutritional consult.  If you really don't know why then it's time to see your surgeon to see what is going on.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/11/13 1:38 pm - OH

You need to look closely at what you are eating and your portion sizes.  If you are not measuring your food and tracking your food intake, start doing so. It is VERY easy over the years to let too many carbs back into your diet and/or to let your portion sizes creep up.  At 4 years out, you have lost the caloric malabsorption from the RNY, but weight gain is still a matter of consuming more a lories than you burn.  Have you decreased your exercise? 

In addition to tracking and measuring, go back to basics: emphasis on protein and limited carbs; no drinking with, or right after, meals; limited portions.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

inocencess3345
on 9/11/13 2:29 pm - philadephia, PA
My eating has changed, I wont lie, I have been intaking more carbs n sugar..iam just so depressed, I want to knock off da extra weight right away? Any one been thru this , and been able to lose rite away?
Laura in Texas
on 9/11/13 7:35 pm

Lots of us have gone through this. You need to eat less and/or move more. Take responsibility for what you are eating. Track your food to see what you eat in a regular day and then cut back. When i am up a few pounds, I eat 300-400 calories less than I normally do and I lose it in a week or so.

It's great that you are aware of it now. 25 is easier to lose than 50. Make changes now so you do not gain more. Good luck!! You can do this.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

inocencess3345
on 9/12/13 2:45 am - philadephia, PA
Ty laura, I can do this!!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 311 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 228 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?