1 month post op, yay!

Ms_Silly
on 9/14/13 2:15 am
So as of yesterday I'm 4weeks post op! I can't say I've had it the hardest, no serious complications. Emotions have been up and down a lot and has been one of my biggest struggles. Just a few days ago I had posted a topic complaining about how every time I swallowed (liquid) I just burped over and over again and how the liquid seemed to be fighting a huge air bubble just going down. That had calmed down tremendously, thank goodness because I'm getting more fluids in now that it's easier flowing. My soft solid foods stage is going well. So far I've successfully had chicken, shrimp, steamed zucchini-squash-and broccoli, canned pears, cooked onions, green beans, scrambled eggs, peanut butter, banana. In fact the only time I had a hard time getting anything down was one morning I tried some sausage but it just wasn't just enough, I feel like it got stuck- the first swallow just felt wrong going down- dummy me gave it another nibble and then I realized it must have been such and had to get it up! But I learned my lesson. That first nibble was all I needed to know that it wasn't going to work! Like I see most people post I'm so much more aware of my body now. You just have to be. I still don't get hungry, but that doesn't cancel out head hunger. It's crazy though, I'll put a little bit of food on a small plate thinking man this looks good...20 minutes later maybe have gotten half of it down, maybe more and I'm just looking at the food thinking I don't want to be eating this any more! I'm doing well with my vitamins and etc but I hate taking them. Those are the more forceful times during my day. I hope that gets easier. I can have up to 4oz a meal, I make sure to weigh food. Most of the time I don't finish the 4oz and I don't want to pu**** and get sick! As far as weight goes..... I'm down to 252 from 279!!! 27 lbs! 294 earlier this year before starting this whole journey! So 42 lbs really! I'm now waking up to 1.5 miles a day, I feel like I'm ready to get into more cardio. Is it bad that I'm only walking 1.5 miles? I know it's time to shake things up. Overall I think things are going good. Thanks for reading!
jenmcg
on 9/14/13 2:33 am - MN
RNY on 09/16/13

First off, CONGRATS!! You are doing great. It's posts like these that give me confidence in my decision to have surgery. Keep up the good work! 

Second, I had my surgery prep meeting yesterday and the exercise lady told us not to do anything but walk for 6 weeks. If you feel like you can, walk a longer time or if on a treadmill, up the incline. Good luck girl!!

The Salty Hag
on 9/14/13 3:11 am
RNY on 05/20/13
Congrats! Our numbers are almost identical. I was 280 on surgery day with a highest weight of 293 and my first month's loss was 25 lbs. It's neat to see someone with numbers so close to mine.
It sounds like you're doing very well!

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Ms_Silly
on 9/14/13 6:01 am
That is so crazy!
Member Services
on 9/14/13 5:35 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your success.  

"Is it bad that I'm only walking 1.5 miles?"

Your doing awesome!!

tdbull
on 9/14/13 1:05 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I'm 5 weeks out and don't walk that far. I think you're doing great!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

awinslow
on 9/14/13 4:53 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics