Surgery type changed ...

CJ S.
on 9/11/13 9:56 am
VSG on 01/09/14

With my family history of heat disease and strokes, I can't take a chance with RNY - never thought about the impact of taking an aspirin, steroids, et****il my surgeon explained in detail what could and would happen. He was very compassionate and was perfectly willing to perform the RNY - he just wanted me to make a well educated decision.

I too love sugar, but I want to be healthy more. I know whenever I get this weight off, it's staying off. I will not put myself through this morbid obesity crap again, it's too painful.

CJ Smith

“To all the girls that think you’re fat because you’re not a size zero, you’re the beautiful one, its society who’s ugly.”
Marilyn Monroe

Justcallmesuz
on 9/11/13 12:15 am
RNY on 05/08/13

My surgery took place two and a half hours away. So, forty miles is nothing! ;)

i would talk to Tricare, it may be easier to go to Campbell and have it done. Best of luck to you!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

CJ S.
on 9/11/13 9:52 am
VSG on 01/09/14

Ft Campbell is about 5 - 6 hours away from me. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it were only 40 miles. Hell, I drive over 40 miles to see my PCP because he's so awesome.

I really like this surgeon and don't know anything about the facilities at Ft. Campbell, I know they're pretty big. I'll look at their website and see what type of procedures they perform on retired dependents. I'll call TriCare as well - get the skinny on the VSG. Thanks so much. 

CJ Smith

“To all the girls that think you’re fat because you’re not a size zero, you’re the beautiful one, its society who’s ugly.”
Marilyn Monroe

Justcallmesuz
on 9/12/13 2:36 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I'm sorry, I read your post wrong. I thought you were saying Camobell was 40 miles away! 

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 116 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?