Approved & Scheduled for 9/23/13!!! FINALLY...Any advice?

MzQ
on 9/12/13 7:19 pm
RNY on 09/23/13

After countless appointments and months of supervised dieting I will be having my RNY on 9/23/13 exactly 5 days before my birthday! No better way I can think of celebrating my birthday!! Today is my first day of my pre-op liquid diet I feel fully prepared but I can't sleep.. Just thinking of all the changes coming my way. I am a RN I understand the mechanics and recovery expectations but I know nothing is like going through it yourself..any advice from those who have gone through their surgery?

NurseBrandy
on 9/13/13 12:51 am

Congrats to you!! Im also scheduled on the 23rd after all of my supervised consults :) Im also a nurse as well. Best of luck, and hope to hear about you having a great progress!!

MzQ
on 9/13/13 11:03 pm
RNY on 09/23/13

Congrats to you as well.. yes please let's keep in touch..we will have the same Surgiversary! I can't believe after 8 months of work it has only taken less than 2 weeks from approval to surgery! Oooh woo lol Do you have a pre-op diet? Mine is a liquid fast consisting of 4 protein shakes with unlimited SF clear liquids..today is Day 2..it is tough!

Most Active