Walking dog after surgery

Ashley H.
on 9/21/13 5:57 am
RNY on 10/10/13
I am scheduled for laparoscopic rny. Do know the average time you need to wait in order to walk a smallish dog (18-19 lbs)? She pulls a little on leash. I'm going to ask a ton of questions at my appt on Tuesday but just excited and want to think about all of this stuff. My surgery is two weeks from tomorrow.

Thx,

Ashley
scoobyluvr1
on 9/21/13 6:14 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Ashley i just read another post where shes walking her great dane only five days out. She did say it doesnt pull on the leash though.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Day_dream_believer
on 9/21/13 6:40 am

Honestly it depends on your dog.  You might try it for the first time with someone else in case the pulling bothers you.  My other concern is if she tries to take off after another dog or cat.  I have a 90 pd lab.  She is the sweetest thing in the world and never gives me a problem.  The other day we were on a walk and another dog attacked her.  The other dog was off leash with the owner standing a few feet away.  Sunshine was great and couldn't wait to get out of there, but I don't know if I could have handled the situation a few weeks after surgery.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/21/13 2:18 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I had my surgery Monday, came home Tuesday morning and walked my dog Tuesday night. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

NewDayForTrixie
on 9/22/13 6:57 am

I have a 33 pound puller ... I was walking him on day 3 when I got home.  I was worried about bending over when he did his "dog business" but even that was fine.  He doesn't need to go far, which worked out well for me because my stamina was not great.  Just take it slow and don't be afraid to ask for help!

Good luck!

Ashley H.
on 9/22/13 9:15 am
RNY on 10/10/13
Thanks everybody!! Makes me feel better.
PetHairMagnet
on 9/29/13 9:59 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

How is the walking going, Ashley?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Ashley H.
on 9/30/13 10:37 am
RNY on 10/10/13

Thanks for checking in! My surgery is next Monday so we shall see.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics