Pre Op Diet Day 5 ..headaches and weird dreams

MzQ
on 9/17/13 2:29 pm
RNY on 09/23/13

This is my last week at work and when I come home I am cleaning...I am kind of "nesting" to get ready for surgery...so I am pooped, my head is killing me and I can't sleep. I had a dream last night that I showed up for surgery and the admission people keep telling me my liver wasn't small enough. I actually remember arguing with them in the dream saying, "How do you know..you are at the front desk"? I woke up kinda pissed.. LOL I think this diet is making me insane. Earlier today wasn't bad but yesterday I thought I was gonna lose it. It seems like all kind of tests are at work but hey this will be my reality after the surgery but I couldn't hang out with my coworkers yesterday. I didn't feel well and I didn't feel strong enough to say no to any contraband so I retreated. Now I am exhausted and can't sleep..I know its anxiety and anticipation but geez I need to sleep so I can function tomorrow. Ugh.. good night folks. Maybe a cryingwill help

Another Fatone
on 9/17/13 4:43 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Hi

My preop diet days were tough.

I was able to cook my wife omeletes while had protein shakes.

I was also able to take my wife to breakfast while I had a cup of decaf and read the paper.

Over time it seemed easier.

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

Sistaital
on 9/17/13 11:20 pm
The closer your date, the easier it gets, just keep thinking of the goodness and road to healthy living thats on the other side!
poet_kelly
on 9/18/13 12:40 am - OH

Sounds pretty normal to me.  Difficult to deal with, for sure.  But normal.  Headaches seem to be pretty common during the pre op diet, maybe lack of carbs or lack of caffeine, plus just stress.  I think your dream is just your brain working out some of the anxiety about the surgery.  Hope you can get a good night's rest tonight.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Shaedan26
on 9/18/13 12:59 am - Akron, OH

I've been doing the same thing! lol I've had crazy dreams this weeks and it has almost always been related to my surgery.  I am glad I am not the only one. It does get easier over time. Our surgery dates are almost here, we can do this!!!!  Best of luck! 

A healthier Me!

MzQ
on 9/20/13 1:40 pm
RNY on 09/23/13

Thanks and keep me posted on your journey.. 

Most Active