16 months out and losing again. Normal?

Javo79
on 9/25/13 7:46 pm - MI

I had my surgery 5/12. It's been 16 going on 17 months now. I went down to 177 held steady for a month or so gained roughly 6 pounds. I then held steady for about 6 months. I haven't changed anything and honestly have done less physically. Lately I've been dropping weight pretty fast. I am down to 165 now. That weight has come off in about a month if that. I know for my height this weight is healthy. I'm just curious if this is something anyone else has experienced? If so when did you "level" out? I was content at 175. My doctor told me I probably was done losing weight at 183 unless I really stepped up my exercise. I'm not perfect with my diet and exercise but I keep my portions controlled. I don't eat any sugar nor have I tried to test my tolerance for sugary things. So am I "normal" at least with the sudden losing again?

dasie
on 9/25/13 11:44 pm
I continued losing weight at 16 months out. In fact, I did not reach my goal weight until later, and my lifestyle had change somewhat. If you are concerned, I would definitely see your healthcare professional in to rule out any thing else going on.

jamienichols22
on 9/26/13 12:58 am - MI

My surgeon said the first year the surgery would pretty much do the work (not saying don't exercise) and then the second year the surgery would still be working about 1/4 of what it was the first year then you had to do the other 3/4 part with diet and physical activity  and then three years and out is all about your eating and exercise.  He said that you may happen to hold steady in year two but the surgery was still doing it's part somewhat. 

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

Most Active