Lactose intolerance?

Lessoflinda
on 10/7/13 8:57 pm - NY
Have searched this topic, but didn't find the answer.... I am 11months post op, and have had no issues with milk, but don't have it very often. Last evening I made some sf hot cocoa with ff milk. About 10 minutes after I started drinking it, I started having pretty extreme pain/cramping, but very high in my abdomen... Did get some gurgling...never did have to go to the bathroom. Is this the beginning signs of lactose problems? Seems like all I've read said stomach cramps are in lower ab region.

Thanks in advance.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

poet_kelly
on 10/7/13 9:09 pm - OH

Might have been the sugar alcohols in the sf cocoa.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lessoflinda
on 10/7/13 9:11 pm - NY

Could be....tho I have had this cocoa often....used to have it daily with my mirilax.  I know things can change, as far as tolerance, in an instant!

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/7/13 9:57 pm
It may also be a mild form of dumping - the sugar in milk + SA and carbs in the SF cocoa... I started dumping on milk app 10 months after RNY.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ms_Silly
on 10/8/13 3:24 am
This is really bumming me out, I live milk I have it daily! I guess I better enjoy while I can!
Most Active
Recent Topics