SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited!!!!

MKRM0526
on 10/13/13 11:26 am

In 30 days my new insurance kicks in. The second that that happens, I have to do my Nut and Psyc Eval done and then it will be the wait for all the pre op testing and then a date for surgery. They said the process will take about 6-8 weeks. My new insurance doesn't require any pre op dieting or anything so I just have to do what the surgeon tells me to do!  

I had the set back with my old insurance, but I'm not letting that or anything else stand in my way! This WILL happen for me and I WILL be able to run and play with my daughter as she grows up! She is my pride and joy and I want her to have a mom that is happy and fit and a mom that actually wants to leave the house. I'm lucky that she is still young (she will be 2 in May) so hopefully the only memory of me as a large woman will be from pictures!!

April M.
on 10/13/13 11:30 am
RNY on 09/26/13

So happy for you that its finally all working out!!!!  :-)

April

MKRM0526
on 10/13/13 11:36 am

Thank you! I can't remove the smile from my face!

PetHairMagnet
on 10/13/13 11:31 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Wow, your new insurance sounds like a breeze...which with all the ridiculous Obamacare things going on is a refreshing thing to hear! My new policy does not cover WLS at all, for any reason. Hope that you are able to sail through and get things set up easily as you anticipate! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

MKRM0526
on 10/13/13 11:41 am

That was the problem I was having with my old insurance. They wouldn't even cover it with a letter of medical necessity! So I worked with the Bariatric clinic to find a plan that does cover it. They gave me three companies, Afinity, Family Health Plus, and Fidelis. I chose Fidelis and caught a break that they don't require any pre op weight loss requirements.

TurnThePage
on 10/14/13 8:20 am, edited 10/14/13 8:21 am

Obamacare has nothing to do with WLS or its requirements. It would be useful to get accurate information before you offer opinions.

Member Services
on 10/13/13 12:33 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations!  We are so happy for you.  Please keep us posted, we look forward to your next update.

Jewelsstevens
on 10/13/13 11:25 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Congrats!

JustCK
on 10/14/13 1:17 am

Happy for you lady, we'll save a spot for you on the loser's bench! broken heart

Most Active
Recent Topics