Interesting piece of info I learned in this week in regards to protein and water

RNY on 10/21/13

You are absolutely talking my language...nerdy science!!! Thanks so much for sharing this...makes perfect sense. Please feel free to share more and talk nerdy to us! 

Jules0225
on 10/18/13 10:14 am
Haha I love it too. This class has been so amazing in helping me understand the intricacies of nutrition and I can really tailor my diet for my needs. The class requires us to use this diet analysis software. It's like myfitnesspal on super mega gigundo steroids. We were required to track our food intake for 3 days at the beginning of the semester (I've been using it for myself everyday since instead of mfp). Now we take the info from those 3 days and write various analysis papers depending on the chapter. I've already done a carb and lipid (fat) analysis and am working on the protein one due Monday. It's extensive. We have to look at the various sources and determine if they're good sources or bad, what ways we can improve them, potential health risks, how they compare to the recommended intakes, etc. my lipid analysis was so in depth I got 5 extra credit points. This from a prof who stated multiple times in her syllabus she absolutely does not give extra credit. Sorry to brag I'm just pretty proud of that.

I'm glad I have gotten such positive responses. I was afraid I was going to come off a know it all! Haha

Height: 5'8", HW: 6/4/12 440lbs, SW: 11/19/12 389lbs, CW: 219lbs 01/01/2014

RNY on 10/21/13

You are definitely not coming off as a know-it-all...just someone who is educated and awesome enough to share! What is your major? 

I understand your excitement and desire to immerse yourself in something that interests you; I'm the same way when it comes to neurology. I had dinner with some friends last night and they said they always knew I was smart but didn't realize the depths of my neuro nerdy-ness. Hehehe. If I were you I would be using the amped up MFP, too. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. 

Jules0225
on 10/18/13 10:45 am
I'm actually philosophy and criminology major (want to go to law school). This class is classified as a Health and Phys Ed class and I need like 6 HPE credits. Saw this and was like SCORE. There's a lot more to learn but maybe I'll put some info together on carbs, lipids and proteins since that's what we've done so far and post it.

Jules0225
on 10/18/13 10:52 am

In my English Comp class we're going through each of the essay rhetorics. The current one is due next Thursday, the one after that is our big compare/contrast research paper and I'm going to be writing it on the different types of WLS. I'm such a nerd! hahaha

TatooAnnie
on 10/18/13 10:15 am
RNY on 12/10/13

Thank you so much for this information. I am soaking up all information I can get before I get my surgery. I want to be as prepared as I can be. Plz feel free to share anything else you feel that is valuable.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 460 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics