Exhausted

Joni Fogel
on 10/29/13 8:00 pm - PA
RNY on 10/15/12
I started working nite shift starting this past march. N since then I have not lost anymore weight. I use the steps mostly in the hospital where I work. But to stay awake n alert I have been drinking iced coffe to iced lattes, et****ep trying to get another shift but no success. Is there anyone else with this problem?

Laura in Texas
on 10/29/13 8:48 pm

Are you taking your vitamins? Are you getting enough sleep? As far as your weight loss goes, are you weighing or measuring your portions? Tracking every bite that goes in your mouth? At a year out we can eat a lot more so we need to be careful if we are not where we want to be.

I hope you can figure out how to get past the exhaustion.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

PetHairMagnet
on 10/29/13 9:26 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM Pacific Time, Joni Fogel wrote:
I started working nite shift starting this past march. N since then I have not lost anymore weight. I use the steps mostly in the hospital where I work. But to stay awake n alert I have been drinking iced coffe to iced lattes, et****ep trying to get another shift but no success. Is there anyone else with this problem?

Iced coffee and iced lattes with how many calories? If you are sleeping during the day, you should not need coffee to keep you awake at night, especially if you've been doing this since March.

For a period of 5 years I had a job that required me to work at night for three days, every three weeks, as we did major implementations. Even in that short of time I could get myself to sleep all day and be up all night. If you are not able to do that, I'd focus more on why you are not sleeping during the day and less on what you need to do to be alert at night.

Good luck to you!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics