Home from hospital for 2 weeks

lostinaparkinglot
on 10/26/13 4:44 pm - Stockton, CA

And I'm still sick as a dog. I can't work and am on disability. I have sever nausea every day can't eat or drink bc it all comes up. I swear I see no light at the end of the tunnel

PetHairMagnet
on 10/26/13 5:23 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
Have they checked you for a stricture? How are you getting nutrients and hydration in? How did you get disability approved after 2 weeks? Have you go e to another surgeon to ask for a second opinion?

Very sorry you are going through all this!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Stacy Sikes
on 10/27/13 9:21 am - OR

Perhaps she meant short term Disability, I am going on that through my work so I get paid until I return to work.

karin602
on 10/27/13 12:07 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Why would they let you go home?!  The docs must be absolutely CRAZY!

Karin

osubuxfan
on 10/27/13 12:26 am - Rome, GA

So sorry you are still struggling!! I've been keeping up with your progress (or lack of) and I can't imagine how exhausted you are by now!  I hope you start feeling better very soon!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/27/13 1:44 am - OH

What is your doctor telling you about WHY you are having trouble, and what is he doing for you?  You should not be suffering like this!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lostinaparkinglot
on 10/27/13 5:53 am - Stockton, CA

Thanks everyone for your replies. All they can tell me is my nerves aren't healed and it keeps telling my brain to vomit everything. I'm pretty sure when I see dr mon I will go back to hospital bc I'm malnourished and dehydrated but I am going to request to be sent to a better hospital called UC Davis bc maybe those drs can help me more. 

PetHairMagnet
on 10/27/13 9:43 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM Pacific Time, lostinaparkinglot wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies. All they can tell me is my nerves aren't healed and it keeps telling my brain to vomit everything. I'm pretty sure when I see dr mon I will go back to hospital bc I'm malnourished and dehydrated but I am going to request to be sent to a better hospital called UC Davis bc maybe those drs can help me more. 

UCSF has a medical school hospital doesn't it? I'd look into that, too! You poor thing!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!