Discouraged

nbw
on 10/28/13 10:04 am

I am getting discouraged. I had RNY two years ago. Did great lost 100 pounds. Then I got a ulcer and had to have a RNY revision. This has not gone as well as the first time. Food won't stay down, always tired and just yucky. Dr. said I would lose weight since this would be like I just had the first surgery. Well. . . I have only lost 6 pounds in 3 months. I wanted so much to get to my goal by Christmas, but nothing seems to work. I walk, do some light weights[ haven't been cleared to really work out yet}. I tract my food in take which isn't much. I average 850 calories a day. Most of that is shakes. I guess I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

Nancy
PetHairMagnet
on 10/28/13 10:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13
Hugs to you, hope you find some relief soon!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

karin602
on 10/28/13 10:09 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I feel your frustration.  Hang in there!  Losing 100 pounds is totally awesome.  Your body may need to do some major readjusting with 2 major surgeries in 2 years.  

Karin

scoobyluvr1
on 10/28/13 11:26 am
RNY on 10/21/13
I dont understand..is this common? U nean if u get an ulcer u have to have another surgery? What kind of revision?

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

nbw
on 10/28/13 1:27 pm
The ulcer consumed my whole pouch. I also had a hiatal hernia. The dr removed most of my pouch to get rid of the ulcer because it was ready to perforate. He did a RNY revision which is just like the first time. The disconnected everything to remove most of my pouch and then reconnected. He said my pouch was the size of a small walnut.
 Nancy
PetHairMagnet
on 10/28/13 9:12 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM Pacific Time, nbw wrote:
The ulcer consumed my whole pouch. I also had a hiatal hernia. The dr removed most of my pouch to get rid of the ulcer because it was ready to perforate. He did a RNY revision which is just like the first time. The disconnected everything to remove most of my pouch and then reconnected. He said my pouch was the size of a small walnut.

WOW--that is just awful! I will continue to pray for you. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

scoobyluvr1
on 10/28/13 9:32 pm
RNY on 10/21/13
Ty for explaining. Im so sorry you had to go through all of that. I hope things go much better from here on out.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

TurnThePage
on 10/28/13 12:00 pm

Sorry for your frustration. Check with your doctor and nutritionist though as you may be getting too FEW calories, causing your body to stall.

Remember that your weight loss chart will look more like a staircase than a ski slope. Hang in there!

blopez579
on 10/28/13 11:13 pm
RNY on 09/11/13

I'm sorry about your troubles, and thanks for posting.  I hope you don't mind more questions...

Did he use some of your remnant stomach to make a new pouch? 

How do we get ulcers in our pouch if there's no stomach acid in there? 

Does Pepcid prevent ulcers in our pouch as well as remnant stomach?

Best of luck to you, and I hope you see some good numbers on the scale soon. 

~Barbara

nbw
on 10/29/13 1:15 pm

Don't mind the questions if it will help someone else.  No, he did not use the old stomach to make a new pouch, just made it so super small by cutting it out. He did use my old stomach part to fix the hernia. He did 4 hours of construction inside me. He said I was producing a lot of acid because of the nerve that creates it and the hiatial hernia. I was on previdcid for two years daily. Didn't help me any. He was suppose to have clipped that nerve this last time. Funny thing, I never felt any reflux or heartburn. Now after this second surgery, I have reflux daily. If I bend over I feel the acid in my throat. Don't understand. My first 2 years were a breeze. I had a very easy time of it. This second time, I vomit just about every day, have acid, and terrible uncomfortable feeling in my lower stomach always. I have not gotten my energy back and I think I am fighting depression. I want my old life back. I was very happy after my first surgery and was so proud of myself for doing so good. Today, I fight a lot of bad feelings. He says it is post operative depression. 

Nancy
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 522 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 195 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 409 views