Can't drink protein shakes

spoiledrotten86
on 11/5/13 3:50 am
RNY on 11/18/13
I'm two weeks pre op and I can't drink dairy protein shakes any advice. Please help
poet_kelly
on 11/5/13 4:01 am - OH

Then drink non-dairy shakes.  Like soy isolate protein powder or egg white protein powder, mixed with water, soy milk or almond milk.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ebtiger24
on 11/5/13 5:38 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with
You can use water or soy if it's a lactose thing. I drank mine with water for a little while. It doesn't change the taste that much.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/5/13 6:41 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Cannot have whey isolate or cannot have those with milk as the base?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

spoiledrotten86
on 11/5/13 7:42 am
RNY on 11/18/13
Milk
poet_kelly
on 11/5/13 8:00 am - OH

Then you can have soy isolate or egg white protein powder.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/5/13 12:46 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM Pacific Time, spoiledrotten86 wrote:
Milk
Them I would try flax or almond milk, water, black coffee or tea as your base. I have never put cows milk in any protein shake. Syntrax Nectar and Isopure both dissolve quickly in water and are tasty, IMO.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Beyl689
on 11/5/13 10:34 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13
I had the same problem!!! I tried so many different ones until I found syntrax nectar. They have fruity flavors that you can mix with water so they aren't thick and they're also lactose free. They're really good too!

KellyC210
on 11/5/13 10:41 am - SC

Unjury chicken soup protein powder is good mixed with warm water. I have the same issue. Good luck!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

spoiledrotten86
on 11/6/13 8:05 am
RNY on 11/18/13
Thanks to all I go n pick up my Syntrax nectar tomorrow