stuck?

walkingbear36
on 11/8/13 7:11 am - Ferndale, MI

i have this horrible feeling that something is stuck and won't go down - what should i do?

help

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/8/13 7:18 am

warm water.. sip sip.. it will go down or come back.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lekoleko
on 11/8/13 7:35 am
I got food stuck lastnite. It went on for hrs. I walked, layed on left side...ened up in e.r. was afraid it may have ben obstructed bowel. Pain meds via an i.v finally gave me relief. My doc ordered a catscan, to shich they said i have a kink. I was scared. They called my sergeon
he did diagnostic surgery lap. Because i may have had an internal hernia. Went in say nothing. I was relieved, because they said theyay have had to do open surg. So scary. So this morning i had an endoscopy and everything looked fine, stoma pouch except for the culprit....partially chewed carrots, chicken brocolli, and a little rice. Lesson leared. I hope i didnt scare u only wanted to share my experience in the hopes it would benefit this community. Thanks
TurnThePage
on 11/8/13 8:24 am

Boy, I hope you have really good insurance or those carrots could cost thousands of dollars.

Note to self: Chew everything really, really well. No rice.

lekoleko
on 11/8/13 8:52 am
Yes i count my blessings. I have really good insurance.
JLS_NJ
on 11/8/13 8:30 am
RNY on 10/15/13
lekoleko - he surgically examined your pouch? And removed the food? Good encouragement to chew chew chew!

Walking bear - I did the sip-sip-sip and it worked itself out.

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

cajungirl
on 11/8/13 9:22 am
Papaya enzymes work well when food is stuck

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

lekoleko
on 11/8/13 11:39 am
Thanks gotta get me some of those!
JustCK
on 11/8/13 11:25 pm

Ooh, I'm going to have to check into those!

Heather2103
on 11/9/13 4:19 am - TN
RNY on 09/09/13
Cajungirl where do you find that?