Pumpkin soup

molly3613
on 11/10/13 10:20 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Just warm grated onions in olive oil, then mix in pumpkin puree, chicken broth, spices and a little cream until it simmers. That's it! If you don't want to use cream, feel free to swap in half-and-half or a little Greek yogurt at the very end (off of the heat so It doesn't curdle)

Serves: 4

Ingredients: 
- 1 med. onion, grated on a box grater 
- 1 (29-oz.) can pure pumpkin 
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans chicken broth 
- 1/2 c. heavy cream or sub in Greek yogurt etc.
- 1 to 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Directions: 
1. Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, 1 minute or until warm.

2. Stir in the pure pumpkin, chicken broth, heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice, and 3/4 tsp. salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until soup simmers. Ladel into bowls; store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/10/13 11:20 am
RNY on 05/13/13
I use curry and cumin vs pie spice. I also use no oil with my onions, just sweat them on low heat and use flax milk, not cream. You can add 1/2 cup of baked butternut squash that you have put through a ricer for a more complex finished flavor.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Missella20
on 11/10/13 9:19 pm, edited 11/10/13 9:19 pm
RNY on 07/11/13

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing Molly 

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Most Active
Recent Topics