I have a problem...

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/11/13 5:19 am - Stockton, CA

Ever since my surgery I have absolutely 0 appetite. The smell or look of food makes me gag. All I eat is yogurt and watermelon. I know this is bad and it kinda makes me regret my surgery because of this new relationship with food. I don't even like to chew any meat or anything in my mouth. Idk what to do. I wish I loved my WLS but I really haven't had a chance to enjoy it or appreciate it. 

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a phase I will get out of?

cajungirl
on 11/11/13 5:50 am, edited 11/11/13 5:50 am

You've been through a lot the past few months.  Heightened smells occur for some and yes they have people that have some food aversion.  You've got to push through this, keep trying different things. 

Can you give us ideas of what else you've tried.  You don't have to chew meat to get in protein.  Eggs, cheese, beans, tuna salad or chicken salad are all softer options you might want to try.

Edit:  have you tried looking up recipes on bariatricfoodie or worldaccordingtoeggface?  There may be some options that work better for you.  I know Nik has a fantastic taco casserole on her site that has been raved about time and time again (yes I love it too).

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/11/13 6:37 am - Stockton, CA

Thanks for advice. I tend to just make a pot of veggie soup with spinach and eat that. I have looked at worldaccordingtoeggface. I just have like no energy to cook. I hate my protein shake as well

scoobyluvr1
on 11/11/13 6:33 am
RNY on 10/21/13
You have had such a tough time of it... are you drinking protein shakes? There has to be some way to get your protein in. Try some of the things cajun suggested. I found alot of great recipies on eggfaces site. Love the pizza with cream cheese crust. If your not crazy about protein shakes how about quest bars? You can get them at gnc 20 grams of protein and a huge variety of flavors. Be patient it will get better and make sure your getting your fluids and vitamins.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/11/13 6:38 am - Stockton, CA

I'm going to try to go to gnc and get the quest bars bc I have a hard time with shakes. W

sherri1967
on 11/11/13 10:22 am - murfreesboro, TN
Try detour protein bars at gnc also
PetHairMagnet
on 11/13/13 9:21 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM Pacific Time, lostinaparkinglot wrote:

I'm going to try to go to gnc and get the quest bars bc I have a hard time with shakes. W

Keep in mind they do take a bit to get used to and there is one flavor I have tried that made me want to ralph, big time. So if it doesn't set well with you the first time, please do continue to try them. I like the apple pie one cold, but warmed just a bit it is wonderful, too! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

KellyC210
on 11/11/13 7:07 am - SC

What site would the taco casserole recipe be on? Thanks!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

cajungirl
on 11/11/13 7:19 am

Bariatricfoodie.com

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

tdbull
on 11/11/13 12:57 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I was exactly the same way for the first 2 months. Now, food smells are good again and. My appetite is coming back.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14