Roasted chick pea

molly3613
on 11/12/13 1:14 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

After reading all the chick pea chatter I roasted a can and dusted,it with cinnamon and stevia.  Just dumped the roasted peas into a heavy duty baggie with the cinnamon and stevia, shook well and wow they are so good. There won't be any left to worry about going stale.  Snack time.  And sprinkle some in my lunch salad.  Now I am pawing through the pantry looking for another can of garbanzo beans.  My new addiction.....move over babybel and deluxe chocolate protein bars.  Peas rule!

Carol M.
on 11/12/13 3:29 am - OH
RNY on 04/10/13

How long did you roast them and at what temp? They sound so good I want to try some.

molly3613
on 11/12/13 3:38 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

400 degrees for 50 minutes.  They need all the moisture toweled off them before roasting to use a paper towel and gently roll and squeeze them first.  Spread out on a cookie sheet and roast the 50 minutes.  Cool a few minutes then toss in seasoning.  I thought I could eat 1/2 cup but that is way way too many.  I feel them in my tummy.  So chew, chew, chew.  Go slowly with them.  I think the cinnamon flavor got me ...  Oh so good.

Most Active
Recent Topics