Hiw do I select yogurt

Lovetocruz
on 11/12/13 8:01 am - Nashville, NC

I'm still preop, but trying to what and what not to buy.  Yesterday, it was yogurt.  I read labels and did not see a sugar free greek yogurt.  Does this not exist, or should I go to a larger store.  I also decided to try almond milk.  I bought no sugar added almond with coconut milk.  It was amazingly good.  W

daisy142
on 11/12/13 8:05 am - TX
I buy the Yoplait fat free Greek yogurt. I believe it has 7 grams of sugar. I would look for fat free Greek yogurt and the one that has the lowest grams of sugar that you like.

HW = 370

SW = 322

GW = 180

Lap RNY by Dr. Dana Reiss

gtrdyfor50
on 11/12/13 8:21 am
RNY on 10/08/13
The Dannon Light and Fit works, and so does the Dannon Light and Fit Greek.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/13 8:24 am

GREAT QUESTION! I have been looking for a sf or very low carb/sugar yogurt, too. Dannon used to have a low carb fit and healthy yogurt. The vanilla was delicious, but now it is gone. I wonder if one of the low carb stores has one? 

LadyLilMax
on 11/12/13 9:39 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Kroger's or Fry's has a brand called Carbmaster that is 60 calories for 6 ounces, 3 gms sugar, no carbs I think but anyway comes in lots of yummy flavors.  High protein, like 9 grams.  I use their milk as well since I tolerate it so well and it is 60 calories for 8  ozs with 11 gms protein.  I am very lactose intolerant with milks but wanted a higher protein count than almond milk so found this.  I love these products.  They love me back :)!

Too lazy to go look at the labels right now but look up Carbmaster and look at the stats.  They are really good!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

poet_kelly
on 11/12/13 8:30 am - OH

Sugar free yogurt does not exist.  Yogurt is made from milk and all milk contains natural sugar in the form of lactose.

You can look for yogurt low in sugar or with no added sugar.  To see if it has added sugar, read the ingredients.  If the ingredients list sugar or corn syrup or something like that, it has added sugar.

I buy plain Greek yogurt and then flavor it myself.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

QoftheU
on 11/12/13 11:37 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
I'm with you - then I can use seasonal fruit (although in California everything is seasonal!), and anything else I'm in the mood for that day!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

scoobyluvr1
on 11/12/13 9:04 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Its not sugar free but i second the dannon light and fit greek

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

jamienichols22
on 11/12/13 9:04 am - MI

I like the Dannon light and fit and they usually don't have much sugar in them. I too am still pre-op and have been making this lifestyle change before hand so it isn't a culture shock afterwards. This is good you are doing this now ( I have lost 47 pounds so far from healthy eating choices and workouts) and as Kelly said no sugar free yogurt don't exist  

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

molly3613
on 11/12/13 9:10 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Dannon lite and fit 2 x protein.  12 grams protein and only 80 calories.  Vanilla is excellent or cherry, blueberry and pineapple not so much.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 146 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics