Bah-hum bug

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/13/13 5:19 am - Stockton, CA

Today I tried to go back to work but was puking all over the place feeling faint running into walls and boxes. I had no brain couldn't even figure out how to explain to my coworker how to do my work while I'm out. 

I don't know when I'm going to be strong enough to work. Been living on disability which is hard bc it pays like nothing. Been trying to call them for 2 days about my extension with no luck. Think I will have to go down tomorrow to the office. 

yesterday I fainted in the shower and hit my head I also went grocery shopping a couple of days ago and once I reached aisle 4 I had tunnel vision and was shaking had to leave everything and go to my car back home. 

It it seriously sucks being young and this sick from a surgery that was supposed to make me healthy :\

cajungirl
on 11/13/13 5:46 am

Ok it may be time to see a second surgeon for a second opinion.  You have had some complications but still feeling so bad daily is very concerning.

Are you getting in any protein?  How much liquid?  I'll even suggest your surgeon or PCP run labs to see if you are malnourished or have some vitamin deficiencies.  These experiences are rather concerning.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/13/13 7:59 am - Stockton, CA

Ya I am getting protein in not as much as I should be prob like 40gm. I was wondering about seeing another surgeon but my pcp just thinks I have the fungal infection all over my tract and that's why I keep throwing up and can't hold anything down some days. 

cajungirl
on 11/13/13 8:31 am

How much are you drinking?  Are you throwing up with liquids only?  Dehydration can cause nausea. Even if they didn't find a stricture then doesn't mean you haven't developed one since then. 

Please call and make an appointment. You do not want to become malnourished if you can prevent that from happening. You will end up with a feeding tube if this continues. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

PetHairMagnet
on 11/13/13 8:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM Pacific Time, cajungirl wrote:

Ok it may be time to see a second surgeon for a second opinion.  You have had some complications but still feeling so bad daily is very concerning.

Are you getting in any protein?  How much liquid?  I'll even suggest your surgeon or PCP run labs to see if you are malnourished or have some vitamin deficiencies.  These experiences are rather concerning.

Amen to this! Very scary! I hope you see another doctor for some action!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

melissa_musicjunkie
on 11/13/13 7:15 am
RNY on 08/01/13

This sounds like how I felt when I was experiencing my first stricture and not able to get my nutrition in. I mean, like, I was getting less than 200 calories a day in. What does your surgeon say? If you are throwing up, have they looked at you possibly having a stricture that needs to be stretched out to allow you to get the nutrition you need?

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/13/13 8:00 am - Stockton, CA

When I was in hospital they looked forms structure and there wasn't one. The drs couldn't come up with a reason why I'm this way besides saying my nerves haven't healed right... 

Jenn C.
on 11/13/13 7:56 am - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13

Okay..i'm not knocking you so PLEASE don't take it this way but if I have the right person, weren't you having trouble with getting in your water and protein due to having personal issues? If so, then that might be a HUGE reason why you feel like crap. You may be dehydrated and I know if I am low on my protein, I feel the same way

I hope you feel better...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

lostinaparkinglot
on 11/13/13 8:02 am - Stockton, CA

I had a personal issue but I still was getting my protein in I just had no appetite. And it doesn't help when on some days I have nausea so bad I just throw up everything I put in.  I wish I felt better I'm sick of being this way. I never realized how debilitating nausea can be. 

Jenn C.
on 11/13/13 8:32 am - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13

Ohhh that's weird. Then I would def get my blood checked! Do you have or had diabetes pre op? Maybe you're getting reactive hypoglycemia? Maybe your B12 and/or iron is really low. Even if you are taking B12, it may not be absorbed and you might need shots. If you surgeon doesn't take you serious i'd flip out in the office...just saying! I hope you feel better :-( 

Maybe you need a 'script of Zofram for nausea too

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.