any suggestions?

alyssak1013
on 11/16/13 8:52 pm - CO

As some of you may or may not recall I have been having issues for a little over a month now.  Whenever I eat or drink I get this pain in my middle upper abdomen below my breasts and with it comes extreme nausea.  It has now progressed to pain and nausea most of the time whether or not I eat.  My doctors can't get me in for the ulcer test for another 2 weeks so they put me on carafate until then which I haven't really noticed a difference but I still take it.  Well, 3 days ago I was throwing up and so dehydrated and I went to the emergency room of the hospital where I had my surgery.  They treated me like I shouldn't be there, like I was faking it or something so they gave me one dose of nausea medicine in my iv and 2 bags of fluids and sent me on my way.  The next day I went to the Kaiser office and they put in a picc line for me so I am now able to give myself IV's at home to keep myself hydrated (in case I didn't mention I haven't eaten food in a couple of weeks and I was only getting in 32 oz total of broth and water).  Well ever since yesterday I have been throwing up non stop ( even though I have nothing to throw up because now I am unable to even drink water, so I just heave the whole time).  So the point of this long winded story is does anybody have any at home remedies or something they bought in the store that helped with nausea after surgery?  It's the weekend of course so I'm stuck as far as getting nausea medicine unless I go back to the ER.  Thank you for your help/suggestions.

Alyssa

Dukemom
on 11/16/13 9:01 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for you other than you need to see a doctor.  If it helps you communicate your symptoms and time line, try writing it down for the ER doctors and nurses.  Good luck, and I hope they can find an answer soon.  You shouldn't have to suffer.

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

Candy V.
on 11/16/13 9:08 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Your surgeons office should have someone on call 24/7.  Put a call in and have them talk to you!  IMO this is not normal and you should see your surgeon, or at least talk to one.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/16/13 9:57 pm

I learned that chewable Bonine (like for motion sickness) really helped me at times. 

Dehydration will cause severe nausea.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

robynimac229
on 11/16/13 10:10 pm
RNY on 08/21/13

Ask for the anti-nausea pills that dissolve under your tongue! I had complications, had a picc line for 6 weeks and was no eat or drink the entire time. I got the heaves too. It is because the saliva crystallizes in your mouth and throat and causes the nausea. Those little pills were my life savers.

I wish you a quick recovery and I hope you feel better soon.

Robyn

HW 249 -  CW 158 - GW 115  Blog: http://robynsweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

PetHairMagnet
on 11/17/13 1:41 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Not a word of advice, but hugs and hoping you do get answers soon!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 510 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 492 views