NSV - Surviving the holidays!

kinny09
on 11/17/13 11:42 am, edited 11/17/13 11:43 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

Big NSV for me! So I have been baking a ton lately for friends and for various little parties/gatherings/bake sales at my DD's pre-school and so far have resisted temptation to taste test, try, eat the "burnt/messed up stuff", lick spoons or even a finger. This is huge for me because in the past this was impossible for me and I would've eaten probably half of batch of chocolate chip cookies I made today by now. Instead I realized that I was really just missing the crunch/chew factor, and turned to a dill pickle spear instead wink. I can't say that my mouth wasn't drooling, even just looking at a bag of brown sugar (oh god how sad is that), but I've stuck to my plan 100% so far (5 months and change out) and soooo proud right now!! Bring it on Thanksgiving/Xmas!!

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Dorkgirl_41
on 11/17/13 1:36 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Congratulations! And keep it up.

I am nervous about this issue myself with the holidays coming up. But we can do it.....just got to think before we eat! lol

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

PetHairMagnet
on 11/17/13 4:28 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 17, 2013 at 7:42 PM Pacific Time, kinny09 wrote:

Big NSV for me! So I have been baking a ton lately for friends and for various little parties/gatherings/bake sales at my DD's pre-school and so far have resisted temptation to taste test, try, eat the "burnt/messed up stuff", lick spoons or even a finger. This is huge for me because in the past this was impossible for me and I would've eaten probably half of batch of chocolate chip cookies I made today by now. Instead I realized that I was really just missing the crunch/chew factor, and turned to a dill pickle spear instead wink. I can't say that my mouth wasn't drooling, even just looking at a bag of brown sugar (oh god how sad is that), but I've stuck to my plan 100% so far (5 months and change out) and soooo proud right now!! Bring it on Thanksgiving/Xmas!!

Good for you!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/13 9:51 pm

you should be proud of not eating the cookies. I keep getting afraid of the holidays coming.But now I know I am going to be fine.I used to gain every year about 25lbs from Halloween to New Years. I always felt like crap to.I don't bake at all.I never have thank goodness. I think instead of surviving the holidays we need to say we are going to enjoy the holidays.I am going to try to make the chick peas this week to take with me to places we go so I can have a snack.

kinny09
on 11/17/13 11:53 pm - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

Oh I definitely am/still will enjoy the holidays! I'm big on decorating and doing activities with my daughter, so I'm looking forward to those activities even more so now (less the food, which use to be the central focus!).

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 92 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 309 views