Sticky Scale

averybyrd
on 11/20/13 10:34 am

I don't suppose I even need advice, just pity. I'm in a bit of a month 3 stall. It's super disappointing because I'm 6 pounds away from both 75 pounds lost and getting into the 100s. I know it WILL end. And I know I've been doing everything right. But it's still so frustrating and unfair. Stalls are evil.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 11/20/13 11:08 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

How many calories are you eating per day?

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

averybyrd
on 11/21/13 11:35 am

Under 700. I also usually work out burning anywhere from 100-300 calories (although much of that is probably a little inflated). I'm getting really close to 70 grams of protein a day and taking all my vitamins and water, so I know I'm doing right. That actually makes it worse, though, because I'm not sure what I could do better to make the scale move again!

DoryAnne2
on 11/26/13 4:23 am
RNY on 04/01/13

My feeling is you're taking in too little in calories.  My nutritionist said that if we don't take in enough, our bodies stop losing because they're afraid we're going into starvation mode.  At almost 4 months out, my doctor advised eating between 800 and 1000 calories a day.  Why not try taking in a bit more food (good protein, not junk) and see if the weight loss begins again.  This always reminds me, though, that we can't be dependent on the scale to give us our motivation.  Once we hit maintenance,  we'll no longer have the weight loss to encourage us.  We need to focus on being healthier and let the scale take care of itself (I know it's easier said than done).  Good luck!  I bet once you focus on how much you've lost and how good you feel, the weight will begin coming off again. 

HW:  268    SW:  255    GW:155    CW:  158

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS.

RNY Surgery on 4/1/13   with Dr. Gohil

Most Active
Recent Topics