Need Advice, Please

oakley087
on 11/25/13 2:15 am

I have not had the surgery yet but one of my friends had it two yrs ago and she told me that the isopure protein shakes are the best .. good luck and stay strong 

Patm
on 11/25/13 2:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I saw a post by someone else recently. They measured out a scoop of protein powder and added a little to e=verything they ate all day. By the end of the day they had consumed the whole scoop.

italianspice
on 11/25/13 2:50 am - Eastlake, OH

I think you are doing a great job. I remember in the beginning I had a hard time getting everything in. It took me about 3 months. First I focused on getting my liquids in, I even set a timer to remind me to sip.

Then I made sure I had protein shakes and smoothies to help with getting my levels up. I still cant do breakfast 3 1/2 years later. Every morning I start with a protein coffee.

I used to do alot of refried beans with plain protein powder with a little cheese and taco sauce heated in the microwave. But I did rely heavily on protein supplements in the beginning. Scrambled eggs are still a go to.

Greek yogurt with protein powder mixed in was another thing I used to do,

Its alot of trial and error, throwing up aint no fun!

Try looking at the world according to eggface, she has amazing recipes for every stage, I am sure you will find something that you can  handle.

Good luck on your journey, keep up the good work!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Sherrie P.
on 11/25/13 11:20 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Don't stress.

It does take a while to feel normal again.

The first few weeks is the worst.

12 weeks is about right .... from what I experienced.  Just do your best. I still don't like to eat a lot in the morning, things go down easier at night.  

I hate all protein shakes pretty much... best of luck on that front!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Katie K.
on 11/25/13 6:49 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

I drink Syntrax chocolate truffle with ff Lactaid milk for breakfast. Food generally makes me feel gross for hours if I eat it for breakfast. My program says if you can't get enough protein by the end of the day to supplement with a shake. They're okay with me having a shake for breakfast.

Isopure ready to drink is the foulest thing I've ever put in my mouth. I literally gagged after every sip and I tried every flavor. I got a lot of looks at work while I was drinking it lol. 

Most Active
Recent Topics