Fearful to eat/sample menu

Shayvin
on 11/25/13 9:12 pm

In my earlier post I mentioned the menu plan. I was seeing such varied ways, why would different surgeons for the same surgery give different advicee? Clear liquids for 6 weeks? How would you get energy or protein I thought. Here is a sample menu I have been using for information. She gives menu for each phase and like my surgeon solid fluids at 48 hrs, soft food in 2 weeks..

http://pgerman5047.tripod.com/pamsweightlosssurgerypage/id5. html

poet_kelly
on 11/25/13 9:15 pm - OH

If I was advised to do clear liquids for six weeks, I would drink clear protein drinks like Isopure or Cytosport.

Different surgeons give different advice because, for the most part, advice about the post op diet is not based on science.  It's based on their personal preferences and experience.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/25/13 10:12 pm, edited 11/26/13 12:52 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 26, 2013 at 5:15 AM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

If I was advised to do clear liquids for six weeks, I would drink clear protein drinks like Isopure or Cytosport.

Different surgeons give different advice because, for the most part, advice about the post op diet is not based on science.  It's based on their personal preferences and experience.

Agreed.

And I will add, even in my practice the path DH and I were put on was slightly different because of our needs. He was given 100 calories more at just about every stage than I was. He was on the liquid diet far longer pre-op and was able to get on solids more easily than I did, but he kept to a very short list of things and I tried many different proteins.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 477 views