Nauseous after eating

Gina96
on 12/4/13 1:55 am - IL

Anyone ever get nausea after eating? I am talking about even a protein bar or snack? I am 18 months out. DR says no blockage and all blood work looks good. I am really tired on a lot of days. Still exercising regularly and maintaining my current weight of 143 from 283. So any thoughts?

cajungirl
on 12/4/13 1:59 am

Are you logging your intake?  Check to see if you can figure out what food(s) tend to make you feel nauseated.  I do know certain foods will bloat me and/or make me feel some nausea and tiredness.  It's usually too many carbs (complex or simple).  Protein bars with the exception of Power Crunch bars make me feel bad. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Katie K.
on 12/4/13 9:33 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

I lurve Power Crunch bars. 

pamkb
on 12/4/13 2:22 am - Crestview, FL
I only get nauseous after eating processed food, especially starchy carbs. Like Cajungirl, I can't do protein bars - never have been able to. Is it all foods or just certain types or kind that trigger your nausea? Have you tried reducing the volume of food you eat for each meal or snack?

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

Gina96
on 12/4/13 4:39 am - IL

I have tried reducing how much I eat and the snack size but I was losing to much weight and the DR advised me to eat more and every 2 hours. I was losing to much weight to fast. Now with the nausea it makes it harder to continue to eat the volume he wants me to.

Gina96
on 12/4/13 2:46 am - IL

No it is after anything I have been normally eating. Yogurt, pretzels, granola.

cajungirl
on 12/4/13 3:02 am

Yogurt, what kind?  How much sugar?

Pretzels and granola have a decent amount of carbs.

How does meat and seafood affect you?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 12/4/13 4:28 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Some yogurt has a lot of carbs and pretzels and granola have a lot of carbs.  That could be your issue.

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Gina96
on 12/4/13 4:36 am - IL

Yoplait light 10 grams of sugar and any snacks I get are almost always under 10 grams of sugar. Sometimes, I just don't feel like eating and have to force myself to eat my snacks and meals because I know that I am going to get nausea and dread the feeling. It usually lasts about 1-2 hours after I eat and then it goes away.

illinois Gama D.
on 12/4/13 5:03 am

It usually comes down to eating to fast, to much sugar, to many carbs, drinking while eating, not enough protein like chicken, fish. The other question is are you taking all of your vitamins and getting in all your fluids,  that causes nausea also,,,dehydration.

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views