BROCCOLI IS THE DEVIL!!!!

charlem
on 12/7/13 3:17 pm - GA
RNY on 12/27/12
I did the RNY I haven't tried beano but gas x strips have proven quite effective.....
MyLady Heidi
on 12/7/13 8:06 am

I used to love broccoli, it hates me, so I gave up eating it, brussell sprouts the same and cabbage, all those gassy vegetables are gone because I hate the gas pain.

relovlee
on 12/7/13 1:15 pm - VA

Im sorry...but i agree with the others also try gas-x or Avoidance for a while. I still struggle with extreme gas pain. It's as if my body does not  broccoli  all!!!! I  Feel your pain...hope it gets better soon

Sincerely,
Re
Bibo
on 12/8/13 1:20 am

My NUT said beano was okay, although I have never tried it myself...I can now, at 7.5 months out eat one bite of broccoli with out pain...although I was told to avoid spinach and asparagus at first, I pureed the spinach and only ate the tops of the asparagus and was fine with both of those. Most raw veggies I can do a bite or two at a time and that's it....mostly it's protein, fruit (not pineapple) works better than veggies for me. Green beans are pretty good, and mushrooms, and onion. red pepper, carrots, all fine. summer squash, fine...it's the kind of veggies like cabbage and brussels sprouts and broccoli that I have to  limit to a bite.

PetHairMagnet
on 12/8/13 12:04 pm, edited 12/8/13 12:04 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I have tried broccoli twice post-op. Each time it was like weapons grade chemical warfare and I am not going to try it again for a very long time. Raw and cooked, both just tore me up. So it is on my 'no' list for a good long while. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 184 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 184 views