4 days post-op

aztma
on 12/7/13 12:49 pm
RNY on 12/03/13

I am now 4 days post-op and feeling much better then I thought I would. Most pain is gone, except a pain in my neck and right shoulder. Havent had to much trouble getting liquids down either.  Mostly I am finding that I have more food issues then I first thought. I  am finding that I have been eating out of "habit".  I walked by as my husband was cooking ground beef and found myself reaching for a pinch. Even with grapes on the table. I am not hunger. Is this "head hunger" or just plain habit? I dont know. Im not really craving anything or even feeling deprived. I think I need to work alot more on my brain then I thought I would.

anje13
on 12/7/13 2:18 pm

It is true head hunger and habits combined. You will realize that the amount of food  you ate before was too much. You will be proud of yourself for doing what you are doing and now is the right time to get your head on straight because after the honeymoon period is over, they say we will be happy we have good habits. I am a month out and feeling great! Best of luck to you!

Cunning_Pam
on 12/7/13 2:23 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Glad to hear your recovery is going well. As far as the food issues, I would think that's something many of us have struggled with, or will after surgery. I'm not looking forward to the amount of brain/emotional work that I will need to do afterward, so I feel you!  Good luck on making all the changes that will be good for you down the road.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

MrsLitch
on 12/8/13 12:40 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Head hunger and habit go hand in hand for me. I have worked very hard to try to rid myself of it. I went to therapy, weekly at some points, during my first year so I could work on the head issues. But even though I work hard on them and have lost those habits in many areas, I was baking cookies (like 400 of them) to give to the elderly and disabled in a high rise near my home last Sunday and I caught myself licking batter when the bowl was emptied on more than one occasion! At least once I recognized it I was able to work on stopping it. I hope you are as well.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

dragonlove
on 12/8/13 10:00 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I think we all battle this... I'm 18 days post-op and at my office it still surprises me how often I *almost* stop at one guy's cubicle for a tootsie roll!  It isn't head hunger on that one, pure habit... I see the bowl and my brain goes "Yeah! That would be tasty!"   LOL  Right now my trick it not to take a sample of my hubby's food when he's eating something I can't have yet. 

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

aztma
on 12/8/13 11:33 am
RNY on 12/03/13

Thanks everyone.  I am sure it is habit. Just gotta break all the bad habits now!

angry

PetHairMagnet
on 12/9/13 12:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13

If they could only do neurosurgery we'd have this thing licked. Pun not intended! :)

One thing that helps me not pick is to chew gum when I am cooking. Even pre-op I did that so I was not tasting myself into an even bigger pair of jeans. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views