bowel issues 3 weeks post op

meowtab
on 12/14/13 8:54 pm - Eden mills, Canada
Im about three weeks post op. I tend to go from constipated to full on liquid runs. Back a and forth. Its weird to me. And I am on colace. Anyone else have similar issues?

Chichi555
on 12/14/13 11:58 pm

I am two weeks out and I am the same. I've only had one solid bowel movement the rest are liquid. I'm not sure if it's all the liquids I've been on.

dragonlove
on 12/15/13 2:10 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I am 3 1/2 weeks out. I rarely have liquid runs and really only have bowel movement every other day.  However, DH did make me a sugar free smoothie the other day and it did me in for an entire evening of runs.  I'm blaming the banana because I'm not supposed to have raw fruit yet.

Good luck - I know it is annoying.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

PetHairMagnet
on 12/16/13 12:45 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I take Miralax nightly, I find it the best but gentle softener out there. Colace here (in my area of the country) is reserved for people with significant bowel issues. I would not take it all the time unless I was getting impacted. That is ME, not saying you should not take it, but you might want to look at something a little more mild.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 343 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 171 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 266 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?