Sweet kid!

averybyrd
on 12/20/13 10:09 am

I teach 7th grade. I haven't had any reason to tell most of my kids anything about my surgery, but my homeroom is the class I take to lunch. Since we all eat together, I've been a little more open with them. They all know I "can't" have cookies and candies - the default teacher Christmas gift. 

I got several gifts from that class: some lotions and soaps, a candle, etc. But the gift that really made me misty eyed was from a sweet little girl. She knew I couldn't have sweets, so she bought me something called a PopChef. Basically it's a cookie cutter for fruits and vegetables. She said, "I know you can eat this stuff!"

I was really touched. And it's actually a lot of fun to cut my food into stars and hearts!

cajungirl
on 12/20/13 10:39 am, edited 12/20/13 10:39 am

How sweet and it sounds like a cute kitchen gadget. I think I'll Google it, maybe being creative will help get my boys to eat more veggies especially. 

Wanted to add I never bring food to teachers as gifts I know they get too much of these type of gifts so I've made or bought Christmas ornaments, gave small plants, bought Starbucks gift cards and a mug (for teachers I know like coffee). 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Jen Lyn
on 12/20/13 7:15 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

That is neat. You can put them onto skewers like floral arrangements.

SteveWebb
on 12/21/13 1:28 am - NC

Sounds like someone  is raising a great kid

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/21/13 5:34 am
RNY on 12/31/13

That is very sweet.  You must be a very loved teacher, too.  wink

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
Recent Topics