RNY-ers, what's on the menu today? Please post!

Dcgirl
on 1/3/14 1:47 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all,

I don't post often but I read this forum every single day! Three weeks post-op, I have the same struggles as everyone else...not obsessing about food, adjusting to smaller portions, making good choices, and figuring out what to eat to get all my protein in! I noticed that on the VSG forum there is a guy who posts frequently about what he has fed his "sleeve" and people comment with their food too. I think this could be really helpful for the RNY forum too. I guess if I get responses I will know that some of you see the value in it as well! 

So here goes...this is what I am eating today and I can't wait to get ideas from what you're eating!

How long since my surgery: 3.5 weeks

Breakfast: Egg salad (two hard boiled eggs with a tbsp of light mayo and a squirt of mustard and salt/pepper)

Lunch: Ground turkey taco meat (99% fat free ground turkey, 3 tsp taco seasoning, 1/8 cup Trader Joe's light Mexican cheese)

Dinner: Shrimp (4 oz. Trader Joe's Argentinian red shrimp, teriyaki sauce)

Snacks: Will likely not need them today but may have a Premier Protein vanilla shake (30g of protein!)

Total grams of protein: 62 without snacks

Exercise/Vitamins/Water: None planned/halfway through/on track for 64 oz.

I hope this is helpful for others! I can't wait to steal recipe ideas :)

Feel free to copy and paste the below to use in your reply. Also! I am eawilson21 on MyFitnessPal if you want to request me!

Time passed since surgery: Breakfast: Lunch: Dinner: Snacks: Total grams of protein: Exercise/vitamins/water:
Kenyatta W.
on 1/3/14 2:00 am, edited 1/3/14 2:06 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hello DCgirl...

I'll be a year out on Jan 7th.

What I had so far...

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1 piece turkey bacon

Snack 1: none

Lunch: 3 slices of smoked Turkey 98% fat free luncheon meat w/ 2 slices of cheese

Snack 2: 2 cups of popcorn

Vitamins of course, halfway through my water goal of 80 oz, stepping line dancing for later this evening for exercise

Total Cals: 419, Total Protein: 32 grams, Total Carbs: 15 grams, Total Fat: 25 grams

That's so far... I have not decided on dinner yet.

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

poet_kelly
on 1/3/14 2:27 am - OH

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - cereal (corn flakes) not something I eat often but got a box from the food pantry and haven't been grocery shopping in a while

Lunch - corn on the cob

Snack - frozen blueberries

Dinner - stir fry veggies and rice

Snack - protein shake

This is not a typical day of eating for me.  It's what I have in the house at the end of the month when I'm mostly relying on food from the food pantry.  Tomorrow I will be grocery shopping and will be eating things higher in protein.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RebYitzchak
on 1/3/14 2:58 am - FL
RNY on 04/17/13

I am up and out early, so first thing is always fluid

Breakfast -  Quest Banana Nut Muffin Protein Bar

Lunch - 4 oz meatloaf 2 oz roasted carrots

Not sure what the rest of my meals will be, but I just finished making, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Parsnip & Carrots, Kasha with Mushrooms and Onions, and Eggplant Capponata. Yesterday I made meatloaf, and brisket. 

I am required to eat between 89-112 grams of protein a day, and I generally have better weight loss on the high end of that scale. So, I generally eat at least 4 times per day, but not much on snacking.

RNY - 4/17/13     HW - 463  SW - 428  CW - 263

Ruskie
on 1/3/14 2:57 am

Thanks

5 weeks post op have lost my appetite. Protein shake. Maybe 1 to 2 oz chilli if I cAn get it down. Drink as much as I can another protein shake and really not hungry. 

Angela B.
on 1/3/14 3:06 am

I love seeing what other people eat. Thanks for taking the initiative for us RYNers.

I'm 2 months out tomorrow.

Breakfast: Blueberry Greek Yogurt 

Lunch: Flatout pizza with turkey pepperoni. I was craving pizza sooo bad!

Dinner: 2.5 ounces of baked chicken and a tablespoon each of garlic mashed potatoes and green beans

No snacking, just drinking Isopure Grape Frost in between meals.

HW: 273 SW: 255 CW: 134.4 GW: 120       RNY 11/4/2013 

MyLady Heidi
on 1/3/14 3:08 am

I had snow day pizza with onions and peppers.  I don't eat at work but when I risk my life to come in on a snow day and our boss buys I eat.  Dinner is going to be fat free chicken breast and baked sweet potato.  But I am nearing nine years out so eating isn't a big deal for me.

Dcgirl
on 1/3/14 3:08 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Wow I love seeing this! I hope I lose my appetite five weeks out. As it stands now, I have had zero problems and zero restrictions. I eat 4 oz three times a day and don't feel full. Nor do I feel hungry. So I just measure and track :)

I can't wait to have Brussels sprouts!

I read a recipe that said if you're craving pizza you can layer cooked 99% fat free ground turkey that you've mixed with pizza sauce, along with light mozzarella cheese and peppers or whatever pizza topping you like and bake like a casserole :)

Thanks, everyone! Hope to see even more :)

Jevika
on 1/3/14 4:26 am
RNY on 12/13/13

On the drive to work, 8 oz flavored water

Mid-morning, Organic Greek Yogurt (Cow & Goat milk mix), NonFat, Strawberry (12g protein, 110 cal)

Lunch, 3oz of teriyaki flavored tofu (14g protein, 130 cal)

Mid-afternoon will be some farina (ya'll may know it as wheat cream, cream o'wheat but the farina is the raw) and I'll probably have a tofu sausage patty when I get home for dinner.

I've found that tofu is one of the easiest ways to pack a ton of protein into a small amount.  I've always been an organic/raw foods kind of person so tofu and I get along pretty darn well, especially with all the flavored tofus that are on the market these days. hahaha i find so many options and none of them hurt my tummy because they are crumble down. BRILLIANT! hahha
WOO!!!

Karen R.
on 1/3/14 5:03 am
RNY on 04/14/13

Today I've had:

Breakfast:  a lowfat latte, half an English muffin, peanut butter and diet strawberry jam

Lunch:  Crave pork jerky

Dinner:  Roasted chicken breast (I put a whole chicken in the oven--it smelled awesome!), one small red potato roasted, chopped spinach

Snack:  Diet oatmeal cookies

Maybe not my best day, but I stayed under my calorie target and got in 80 grams of protein

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 208 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 276 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?