NSV!!!!

chaly
on 1/6/14 11:48 am
RNY on 11/05/13

Ok, I have been so down on myself lately.  I have lost slowly, and have tried to be optimistic.  However, my husband, who had surgery the same day is down twelve pounds more than I.  I read of several on here who by eight weeks have dropped more than my 31 pounds post op.  I have kept the faith saying I am still losing and am so much further than I was.  Then I have read about others who at my weight are in a size 18-20 pant.  Not me, I am in a size 24 from ten years back, although they are a little baggy.  Well, today I went to Costco and bought a size 18 Gloria Vanderbilt.  I held them up and thought it won't be too long for me.  Well, just for kicks I came home and tried them on.  I pulled them up over the hips and butt.  I buttoned them.  I sat in them.  They are a little tighter than I would like, but they were on!!!!  I am so excited.  This is truly an amazing surgery!  I must also say to all of you who are still waiting on surgery.  Measure your body!  This has been uplifting as the weight loss is slow.  I have seen some areas in my body shrink an amazing 8 inches already.

Sherrie P.
on 1/6/14 11:51 am
RNY on 02/06/13

NEVER compare your weight loss to that of a MAN!!!  Well - you really should not compare to anyone - because there will always be someone losing faster!

I only lost 30 pounds the first 2 months as well. I have lost 109 now ... just stick with the plan and don't give up and be happy for your hubby.

THROW OUT THE SCALE!!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

chaly
on 1/6/14 11:56 am
RNY on 11/05/13

I try so hard not to compare myself to him, but its a husband wife thing I guess.  Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I can't wait until I'm down that far post surgery.  I also agree on throwing out the scale.  Putting it away just doesn't work!

pathchic
on 1/7/14 12:56 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Way to go!!! And here-here to the measurement suggestion - that can be a GREAT reality check -

Most Active