NO MORE TUNA EVER!!!

angie1973
on 1/7/14 2:44 pm
RNY on 09/25/13
I have tried it 2 xs. First time I thought I didn't chew enough or ate to fast. So tried it again. I ate slow and chewed it into oblivion. Had only about 2 tbs and felt fine when I was done. 5 min later it was feeling "stuck" just like first time. So I'm assuming some foods are just like evil no matter how careful u r. Boo! I used to love tuna.

Angie1973 

MickeyDee
on 1/7/14 2:47 pm

Don't give up on it;  you might give it a try in another month or so and find it will go down fine.  This is not uncommon.

nurl
on 1/7/14 8:59 pm
RNY on 05/14/13
Prior to surgery I ate lots of tuna, loved it. After surgery I have not been able to tolerate the texture, taste, and or smell. I have not tried it for several months and have been craving it lately. I am going to try it again soon. I have not had any problems with salmon.. I have learned that my tastes and tolerances change so I listen to my body and eat what works try foods that agree with you good luck

selhard
on 1/7/14 11:50 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Friendly suggestion:  mix tuna with MiracleWhip/Mayo first.  Albacore tuna seems more dry.  Tuna packed in oil versus water may work better for you.  Tuna is so high in protein--hoping these suggestions may nudge you to try again.

schatzi C
on 1/8/14 7:46 am
RNY on 10/29/13

I know how you feel, but give it time. I LOVED tuna pre-surg. I still cannot tolerate it all that well but will try again in a few weeks. Scrambled eggs were horrible for me at first but I am able to eat one now. The first time I tried it was a piece so small I was sure it would go down WRONG I thought I was going to die. A little more time and I will be enjoying my tuna wrapped in lettuce!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 271 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 195 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 123 views
Recent Topics