weight loss help

nbw
on 1/11/14 4:35 am

Hi, I am 2 1/2 years out. Had a revision 5 months ago because of a ulcer. I have not lost any new weight. Have made my dr. goal but would really like to go down just 10 more pounds. Anyone have any ideas. I have a really really small pouch since my ulcer was in the pouch and had to be removed. I have to eat very small portions but very often. Looking for some ideas.

I usually have a Unjury shake for breakfast, protein bar around lunch, main meal about 2, shake again about 5. I drink decaf coffee with skim milk later in the evening. My main meal today was finely ground meat sauce with tortileni. Less than a 1/4 cup.

Nancy
poet_kelly
on 1/11/14 4:40 am - OH

Why so little real food?  Did your doctor or dietician tell you to eat so few calories?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ladytazz
on 1/11/14 5:17 am

Lose the pasta and other refined carbs.  Since your capacity is so small you can't afford to waste space on food that has no nutritional value.  Increase your fluids and protein.  My mantra was 100 oz of water and 100 grams of protein a day before I considered eating anything else.  Make sure your protein bar is low in carbs, too.  Quest seems to have the best stats and they are good, too.  And up your calories, too, but only with high quality food and protein.  You don't want your body to adapt to living on very few calories.  At 5 months I was getting in around 800 calories a day.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

QoftheU
on 1/12/14 2:16 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
So how are you use supposed to get in 100 grams of protein with only 5 meals a day? Can someone please give me an example menu for a day that you actually use?

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

poet_kelly
on 1/12/14 2:27 am - OH

Most people would be able to do that.  Three ounces of meat or seafood has about 21 grams of protein (about seven grams per ounce).  A cup of cottage cheese or Greek yogurt has about 28 grams of protein.

Something like this would get you to 100 grams (although many people do not need quite that much):

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs - 12 grams

Snack - protein shake (made with milk) - 30 grams

Lunch - three ounces chicken and a little salad - 21 grams

Snack - one cup Greek yogurt - 28 grams

Dinner - three ounces ground beef with a veggie - 21 grams

I think that's about 112 grams, if I added correctly.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

QoftheU
on 1/12/14 4:31 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
The problem that I am having, is that I am only still supposed to be eating a quarter of a cup of food per meal. So the above menu plan looks perfect, but not for another I don't know, month or so? What else could I do? Thanks Kelly!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

poet_kelly
on 1/12/14 4:37 am - OH

Yeah, you're not gonna be able to eat three ounces of meat at once for a little while.  You can probably eat more than 1/4 cup of something like yogurt or cottage cheese, since those are "slider" foods, meaning they are wet and slippery and kind of slide through the pouch easily.

Personally, I don't think you need to be getting 100 grams of protein right now, unless you've had blood work that showed low protein and albumin levels (and I bet your levels are fine right now).  You could add a second protein shake, or put more protein powder in a shake, or add protein powder to your yogurt to boost the protein if you want to get more.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 491 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 553 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 541 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 253 views
Recent Topics