What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 1/12/14 6:30 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Well tomorrow marks 4 weeks since I've had RNY. I am still shocked on a daily basis how good I feel and how uncomplicated this is!

Today I woke up at 6 am to fly from DC to LA for a five day business trip. I travel a lot for work and pleasure but it's the first time since thanksgiving (a record for me) and so I have had 6 weeks to be home and controlling the good I prepare and eat. So this is my first "real world" situation - and I'm ready for it!

Im still loving seeing what is on your menus!

My day:

Breakfast - a Premier Protein vanilla shake in the taxi enroute to airport at 6:30 am

Early lunch - 3.5 oz of leftover chicken breast from last nights Trader Joe's chicken genovese at 11 am Eastern

Late lunch - Stopped at an authentic Vietnamese restaurant outside of LA. Didn't pig out like everyone else :) I ordered pho (soup) without the noodles and ate about 3 oz of shrimp from the spicy clear broth at 2 pm Pacific or 5 pm Eastern

Dinner - we have a team dinner atPF Changs and I already looked up the menu and will order the seared tuna appetizer. 

Because of the 20 hour day today I will be eating 4 times and will have more than normal. I plan to end the day at 619 calories and 79 g of protein. Unfortunately I will be at 29 g of carbs and I aim for under 20 so I'm disappointed in myself for that. But overall I just have to steer clear of alcohol and try to not get a ton of questions about why I'm not drinking all week!

Happy Sunday!

Kenyatta W.
on 1/12/14 7:06 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl!!!

Time out from surgery: 1 yr 5 days

Breakfast: Protein coffee, 1 scrambled egg w/1/8 cup of shredded cheese, 1 slice turkey bacon

Snack 1: 1/4 cup peanuts

Lunch: None

Dinner: 2 oz grilled Tilapia, 2 bites of peas

Snack 2: Not sure yet

I've been having a small pouch day. I still have 372 calories left to eat. Just haven't been in the mood to eat... which is weird for me to say! Lol I have never in my life been able to say, I'm not in the mood to eat. So far today total Calories 512, Protein 46 grams, Carbs 13 grams, Fat 31 grams.

Vitamins and water are completed

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Momma1991
on 1/12/14 8:40 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

You mov fast in 4 weeks. At 4 weeks out i ws still on liquids

Dcgirl
on 1/12/14 8:54 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

It is crazy to see how the doctors plans vary! Some docs have people on soft solids on day 3. I was on liquids for two weeks before and two weeks after. Then days 14-28 call for soft and lean protein. Starting this week I can incorporate more foods but since I'm on a business trip I really don't want to see what works and what doesn't lol. So I will stay on lean proteins for the week. I brought shakes in case of emergency :)

karin602
on 1/12/14 9:37 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

5months. Out 

Breakfast 1 cup go lean cereal 1/2c. Skim mil

Lunch half Turkey sandwich on light whole wheat bread 10 special k cracker chips

Dinner 3oz leftover Turkey meatballs with half cup tomatoes half cup  potatoes 

114 oz. Fluids

No snacking per doc which is better for me so I don't slide back into my old bad grazing habits

Karin

moonandstarzz
on 1/12/14 10:22 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

4 wks out  on pureed diet so everythng is weighed then put in chopper/processore

b leftovers from dinner (1 oz spaghettie squash with 2 oz chicken and mozerella cheese)

L 2oz hamburger pattie 1 tb reli****ablespoon of sloppy joe sauce

D not quite sure yet, maybe a lite yogurt or a greek yogurt

S  protein shake on the way to church this morning, and will have some protein pudding before bed (sf choc pudding cup, 1 tbsp of choc pb2, 1/2 scoop of choc prot powder, mix well and tastes like reeses)

no exercise today/will have 3/4 of my water done before bed unless i stay later/have taken only one multivitamin and vit d today so im behind

takingcontrolguy
on 1/12/14 9:10 pm - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/10/13 with
I'm just one week ahead of you and also on first business trip. Trying Like you to learn how to eat out. Congrats on your first day of success!
Louise1974
on 1/13/14 3:28 am

16 months out and needing to get free of the simple carbs I have been in a bad cycle with, also trying to adjust my eating to accommodate a bigger appetite and pouch without getting too many calories

B:  shake with milk, blueberries, flax, protein powder

S:  protein bar

L:  8 small shrimp with ****tail sauce and carrot sticks with cottage cheese dip (yummy!  cottage cheese, pickled scapes, shallots and parsley)

S:  dry roasted edamame

D:  big salad with veggies, oil and vinegar, and cheese and chickpeas

One or two teas with a splash of milk and splenda and lots of water

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 285 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 209 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 278 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views